Day 24

Mark decided to take Chica to a dog park since she was in the house all day yesterday. There was one only ten minutes from his home but Ray suggested a park that was further away. Mark made sure to bring his hat and glasses this time, not wanting anything else to cause any strife between them.

"What band is this?" Ray asked while they were driving.

"Here Comes The Mummies."

"Mummies? As in Brendan Fraser mummies?"

"Yeah, they are my favorite band. I love funk music."

"I've never heard of them."

"Do you like them?"

"It's good. There are a few jazz elements in it, which I love."

"What kind of music do you like?"

"All types."

"No favorites?" Mark pressed.

"I really love Motown and R&B, like Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson. But I also really like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Linkin Park."

"That's broad for sure."

"Do you like anything else besides funk?" She asked.

"I like a lot of music also, like rap."

"You don't have to like rap just because I'm black, Mark," Ray said, smirking at him.

"I'm not! I like J.Cole and Eminem."

"Okay buddy."

When they arrived at the dog park, Chica happily jumped out of the car as if she knew where they were. Mark clipped on her leash and they both made their way into the park.

"This place is huge," Ray said, looking at the map. "Where should we start?"

"We could walk the trail first and then take Chica to the play with the other dogs."

"Sounds good."

As walked down the path, Ray reached out and took Marks' hand.

"That's my move," Mark said.

"I'll take it only for today."

"Would it be okay if I came to visit you in Atlanta?"

"Of course," Ray said grinning. "But my place is much smaller than yours."

"I'm sure it's charming."

"It's a one-bedroom flat that is about seven hundred square feet."

"Sounds cozy," He pulled her close and kissed her on the cheek. "I would love to see it."

"I would love for you to see it," She turned her head and kissed his lips.

"Mark?"

They broke apart to see Molly and Wade standing up the trail with their dog. Ray tried to pull her hand away but Mark gripped it tight, not wanting to let her go.

"Hey guys," Mark said.

"What are you doing here?" Molly asked.

"Walking Chica," He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world and Ray nudged him.

"What are you doing near Santa Ana?" Wade interjected.

"We just wanted to take Chica to a different part."

"Somewhere away from being seen?" Molly chimed in.

"Well, I needed to go to Organically Yours that sell organic bathroom products," Ray explained. "My mom is practically allergic to everything that's mainstream so my aunt has been sending her things from that store. I drove here when I first arrived to save my aunt some postage."