Day 27

Mark woke up alone, seeing a small piece of paper where Ray should be. He turned over to pick up his phone; not surprised at the number of messages and notifications he saw. He unlocked his phone and first went to Twitter which had hundred of tags and retweets of his performance last night. Some of the posts were actually about his singing but the majority of them were about Ray. Mostly everyone was confused and curious about who she was but there were a few rude people calling her a skank or a homewrecker.

He put his phone down, not even bothering to see what was posted on his Youtube page and closed his eyes. He didn't regret confessing his feelings to Ray and showing her by making love to her two more times throughout the night. He couldn't keep his hands off of her and they only stopped because she fell asleep after their last time. He held onto her until the sun started to shine, entranced at how beautiful and serene she looked when she was asleep.

He shook his head of his thoughts and got out of the bed; already feeling anxious from being separated from her. He found that the kitchen was empty and the rest of his apartment was eerily quiet. Chica was lying on the couch, chewing on a toy but there was no sign of Ray.

He noticed the island was devoid of her things and that the coffee table that normally housed her laptop was cleared. He ran back into the bedroom and saw that her luggage was missing and the bathroom didn't have any of her toiletries.

"No."

He picked up his phone and checked for flights from L.A. to Atlanta, seeing only two come up for today; one leaving in forty minutes and one leaving in four hours. He paid for both and hurriedly put on some pants and a shirt. When he went back to the nightstand to pick up his glasses, he noticed the note again on her pillow.

I love you too

Raven

Mark's eyes filled with tears as he threw the note down and quickly pulled on his sneakers. How could she leave him like this again after all they've been through? She promised that she wouldn't go. If she loved him, why was she gone? Did he scare her away? He shouldn't have told her how he felt. He had scared away one of the best things that has happened in his life.

Suddenly there was a click at the front and he could hear the door open. He ran out into the hallway and saw Ray standing near the island with bags in her hands.

"Hi..."

Mark ran up to her and hugged her tightly, causing her to drop her bags. He buried his head in her neck, wiping his fallen tears onto her shirt.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I... I thought you..." He was so overcome with emotion that he couldn't get the words out.

Ray took his face in her hands and made him look at her, "Did you think I left?"

He nodded his head as she wiped the tears from his cheeks.

"I promised you I wouldn't do that, remember?"

"But why is your stuff gone?"

"Let's sit down."

Mark lifted her up in his arms and carried her to the couch, sitting down with her straddling him. He was still apprehensive that she was even here and was afraid she would just disappear.

"I woke up to a lot of messages on my phone," Ray explained. "Most of them from friends wondering why I was in L.A. and my mom asking why I was making out with some random guy online."

"I'm sorry..."

"Shhh," She put her finger on his lips. "Most of the messages were on my Facebook page but they were mainly positive. How they found me is a mystery to me but when the rude comments came in, I just deleted them and made my page private."

"What about Twitter or Snapchat?"

"I don't have either. The only other social media page I have is Instagram and that username is beetlejuicelivesonforever and I only post food pics."

"I didn't mean for you to get attacked."

"It's not a big deal. I knew what I was getting myself into," She kissed him gently. "One of my friends sent me a video on YouTube of us kissing but I didn't watch it. I'm not going to subject myself to the hate."

"What about the note you left?"

"I tried to tell you last night, three or four times, that I loved you but you kept interrupting me. So, I thought I would write it down for you."

"You love me?"

"Yes, I love you."

Mark held her tightly, "I love you too."

"I noticed."

Mark jumped when he heard a loud ping from his phone and he pulled it out to see that he needed to check into his flight soon.

"You booked a flight to Atlanta?" She asked, looking at his phone.

"I was hoping to catch you before you left," He explained, canceling the tickets.

"Catch me?"

"I was going to try and stop you at the airport."

"What do you think this is? Sleepless in Seattle? Love, Actually?"

"I wasn't going to lose you again and your things were gone."

"Silly boy," She said, kissing his forehead. "My bags are under the bed, I ran out of toothpaste, and my laptop is charging in your office."

"I didn't check the office."

"Obviously."

"Shut up."

"Any more questions?"

"Just one," He rubbed her back. "I don't think I heard you before when you told me something."

"What did I tell you?"

"Something that you wrote on the note you left."

"The note in the bedroom?"

"Yup."

"Were you not listening?"

"I guess not."

"I LOVE YOU!" Ray yelled.

"That's what it was."