Day 22

For the next few days, Mark stayed with Wade, not wanting to be in the apartment alone. Everywhere he went reminded him of Ray; the bed smelled of her, the kitchen was empty without her in it, and even Chica was moping around. Wade knew there was something wrong but didn't pressure him to talk, playing games with him or whatever Mark needed to be distracted.

After five days Mark thought he imposed enough and went back to his home. He walked into the dark apartment, not even bothering to turn on the lights and sat on a stool by the island. He leaned his head on the cold marble, wondering what he was going to do next. He tried to contact Ray a few more times but all she told him was that she was fine and made no effort to talk to him more.

Mark was worse off than he was when he broke up with his ex. He was shattered, broken, and ultimately pissed that Ray had this effect on him. Realizing how he felt about her the day she left only made things worse. What was it about her that made him so upset? They weren't even fucking dating!

The front lock clicked and the door opened, Chica rushing to the figure that entered the room. Mark didn't even look up to see who it was, he knew it was Ray. He heard the light click on and her gasp at his presence.

"Hey," She said.

"Hi," He looked at her and felt his heart beat fast.

She was wearing a button-up dress that looked too large for her and some really ugly slides. Her hair was wilder than normal and her face was devoid of her usual simple eye-liner and lip gloss. Even after everything that she did to him, he still thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world.

"Why are you sitting in the dark?" She asked.

"I just got home."

Ray bit her lip as they stood there, staring at each other for a few minutes. Mark wanted to give her a chance to explain herself but when she kept quiet he lost patience.

"Why did you leave?"

"Not now," She said, walking into the bedroom.

Mark quickly followed her and slammed the door behind her, "Don't walk away from me!"

Ray stopped dead in her tracks but kept her back to him. He came up behind her and grabbed her arms, turning her around to face him. She looked down at her feet, determined to not look into his eyes.

"Why did you leave?" Mark asked again.

She shook her head but didn't answer, angering him even more.

"You don't want to talk? You have nothing to say to me after five days?"

He pulled her to him, smashing his mouth on hers as she put her hands on his chest. She didn't try to push away from him but she wasn't really kissing him back. He moved them back until she was pressed against the wall, molding his body against her and breaking the kiss to catch a breath.

"Mark," Ray started.

"Be quiet."

Mark grasped the center of her dress and ripped it open, causing buttons to fly everywhere. He buried his head into her neck, roughly licking and biting her sensitive area. She whimpered slightly and pushed her hands against his chest but he took them both in one hand and held them above her head.

He moved his other hand down her body, right into her underwear and stuck two fingers inside of her roughly. Ray cried out as he moved his fingers rapidly; getting coated by her wetness every time he stroked her. She struggled against him but he was too strong and held her hostage.

"Do you feel helpless?" He asked. "Useless? Scared? I've felt that way the past few days!"

"I didn't..."