Day 16

Mark woke up with Ray spooning him; her arm wrapped around his waist. He quietly reached over to the nightstand and checked the time, seeing it was nearly five a.m. He moved around so he was lying on his back and Ray only mumbled a bit; nuzzling her head into his chest. He rubbed his hand through her hair, messaging her scalp as he played with her curls. Mark thought back to the night before and wondered how Ray felt about him telling her he liked her so much. She may have said it back but Mark wasn't sure what was going through her head. She seemed more guarded with her emotions than he was; something that he was never good at.

"Mark..."

He looked down at Ray, "Yeah?"

"I need to ask you a personal question."

"Alright."

"Are you a necrophiliac?"

"What?!" Mark exclaimed, sitting up.

Ray yawned as she sat up with him and looked at him seriously, "Last night was the second time you molested me while I was asleep."

Mark stared at her for a few seconds but her expression didn't change, "Um..."

"I just need to know what I'm getting into if I decide to keep going with this."

"I would never... I just..." Mark stumbled on his words as he looked away from her.

He could hear a snicker come from Ray and he looked back to see her holding her hand over her mouth. Her eyes were bright with amusement and she was shaking with laughter.

"You..."

Mark pushed her down on the bed and immediately started to tickle her. She tried to crawl away but he held her down, not letting up even when she started to tear up.

"Stop," Ray gasped, her body halfway off the bed in an attempt to escape.

Mark didn't let up, loving the sounds of her laughter as it filled the room. He was laughing along with her, feeling the best he's felt in a long time.

"Please..."

"Take it back," He said to her.

"I'm sorry!"

Mark ceased his assault and she fell off the bed completely. He peered over the corner to see her still giggling and trying to catch her breath.

"There goes my morning workout," She said, finally standing up and pulling on some clothes.

"Where are you going?"

"To make something to eat," She said, tossing his boxers at him.

Ray pulled out an assortment of fruits to cut up for a salad while Mark sat at his normal spot to watch her.

"How are Wade and Molly?" Ray asked.

"Good."

"Did they ask you about your ex?"

"Yes."

"Are you alright after that?"

"Yes."

Ray rolled her eyes as she placed a bowl in front of him, "I see your vocabulary has diminished to a kindergartener."

"I'm sorry," Mark started to explain. "I was the same way with them last night. I didn't want to tell them more than they needed to know."

"Like me, right?"

Mark chewed on a strawberry slowly as she looked down at her own food.

"She cheated on me."

Ray looked up at him, surprised that he finally admitted what was going on. Mark figured it was time to open up to her, especially when she gave him the same courtesy the other day.