Part 4

Part 4

"What do you mean this is not Natasha? My men said she matched the description of the woman in the picture," Ren said, a frown of disbelief etched on his forehead. I didn't know why but I almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

Adone shrugged. "They clearly made a mistake. I have seen Natasha and trust me this woman is not her."

"Thank you. It's what I have been trying to tell you all this time. My name is Sadie," I said, grateful for this blue eyed man who was here to knock some sense into my captor. Since it was clear that I was not the woman they wanted I believed I was free to go.

Ren didn't say anything for a few minutes, he just kept staring at me as if he was trying to see into my soul. I could say that unflinching stare didn't affect me but I'd be lying; I felt uncomfortable as his eyes caressed me in ways no man had ever done.

"So if she is not Natasha then where is the real one? You know we have to find her; we can't let her get away," he said to Adone.

"Send your men out to hunt for her. She is still in Italy. If she'd try to escape the authorities would alert us, and so far they haven't, which means she is still here," Adone replied.

Without a word, Ren pulled his phone out of the pocket of his jeans and called someone. I was too busy thinking about my impending freedom to listen to what he was saying to the person on the other line. Finally, I would go home to my grandmother. And if she asked me where I'd been all this time then I would make up some story but there was no way I would tell her the truth; I didn't want her to be worried about me, she already did plenty of that.

"They have resumed the search for Natasha; hopefully she'll be here soon," Ren said, slipping his cell phone back in his pocket before focusing his viridian gaze on me.

I clasped my hands together in front of me. "Well, isn't that wonderful. Now you will be able to find the real person. I would say it was nice meeting both of you but I'd be lying. Hopefully none of us will have to see each other again. So I shall take my leave now and bid you both a happy search." Just as I tried to walk past Ren, he gripped my shoulder and pushed me back, causing me to flop down on the bed.

"You are not going anywhere," he stated, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Excuse me?!" Why was I not allowed to leave? He knew I was not Natasha. "We just established the fact that I'm not the girl you are looking for."

"Oh, we know that; I am not keeping you here because of that," he said.

"Then why?" I asked.

Instead of answering with words, Ren glanced at the floor. I followed his line of sight to see a broken lamp lying haphazardly; the lamp I smashed on his head. And suddenly I knew exactly why he was still keeping me prisoner at his home.

"That was an accident," I said, hoping he would let me go without killing me in return.

"It was no accident and we both know that," Ren said taking a step forward. God, how would I get out of this? If he was expecting me to apologize, then that was not going to happen. I only attacked him out of self-defense and I would never apologize for that.

"Yeah well I needed to escape and you were preventing me from doing that. So I took matters into my own hands. You can't blame me for wanting to escape." I shrugged, letting him know that I would not back down.

Beside him Adone chuckled, a sound which only seemed in infuriate Ren even more. "She has a point, cousin; can't blame the lady for wanting to escape. I mean, you do have that effect on women." Cousin? Ren and Adone were cousins? Why? How?