Part 40

Part 40

Epilogue
2 years later

"Mama! My gun!" Adrina cried out as her twin Alcina ran away with her gun in her hand. I shook my head at my daughters and wondered what was I going to do with these two. These two hardly ever got along and it just made me think about what would happen when these two would grow up.

"Grams? Can you please look at your great-granddaughters and tell them to behave with each other? When would they understand that as family they had to stick together? These two are always fighting," I complained to my grandmother who had been sitting outside on the patio and watching my daughters running around.

"Non preoccuparti, mia figlia, tua madre e tua zia litigavano allo stesso modo ma sono cresciute per essere vicine. Quindi non agitarti per i combattimenti tra fratelli non è altro che normale," my grandmother replied, causing me to shake my head with a sigh. If it were not for her, then I would've gone crazy trying to handle these two and their father was a whole other thing altogether. ()

Meeting my grandmother after all that Renzo had done to me was nothing short of a miracle for me. I never thought I would get to see her ever again. But after Malia came home from the hospital that was when Renzo surprised me with a trip to my old home where my grandmother had been living.

I was afraid her health would not be okay but I was proven wrong when I saw her healthy and happy in our home. And that's when she revealed to me the biggest secret; the secret which made me realize that saying yes to Renzo's proposal was the right decision.

My grandmother told me, that when she heard about me being kidnapped, she had wanted to alert the entire country to search for me. But Renzo had visited her and the two of them had been in constant contact. Renzo, much to my surprise, had made sure that she was well taken care of. He had ordered a couple of maids and nurses to handle my grandma's needs while he had been dealing with me.

However, despite her trying to reassure me that Renzo hadn't hurt her, it was difficult for me to believe that everything had been going smoothly between him and her. And upon asking, she did admit to the fact that all had not been smooth between Renzo and her but she would not divulge the details to me. But she was happy that I had chosen to marry Renzo. My grandmother was a strange woman; though she was fierce and protective, she was also a romantic. And when I told her about Renzo and I, she acted as if I'd told her the love story that had perfection written all over it.

And when Renzo and I finally got married, I told him that I wanted my grandmother to come and live with us. And though he did not like the fact that my grandma would be staying with us—because he did not want to be disturbed during sex—he agreed; mostly because I refused to budge.

So, Renzo and I along with my grandma and Malia begun living under the same roof. And I had to say, it was peaceful and life had been nothing but perfect for me. I had gotten everything I wanted...which included my career in the dance industry.

After being kidnapped, I thought my career in dance was over, but Renzo continued to surprise me. His proposal was crazy enough, yet he gave me the surprise of my life when he revealed a dance studio which he had built for me and wanted to give me as a wedding present—fulfilling my wish to dance.

"But this is frustrating. They only listen to Renzo, why is that?" I asked her, frustrated as I heard Adrina's cries become louder, which had me getting up and jogging over to where she sat crying, while Alcina continued to play with the gun. I did not understand why Renzo decided to give them a weapon at such a young age but these seemed as if they were born to use weapons.

"Mama!" Adrina wailed, tears streaming down her chubby face.

"Adrina, dolcezza, non piangere. Tua sorella restituirà la pistola, non ti preoccupare," I murmured as I picked up my daughter and held her close to me. I did not know what was it about this particular gun but my daughters always fought over it. (Adrina, sweetie, do not cry. Your sister will give the gun back; don't you worry)