Part 38

Part 38

The next week passed by in a flurry of activity. Renzo and I couldn't seem to get enough of each other; we spent every waking moment together, and spending the nights lost in passion and ecstasy. Renzo was a sexy lover, and he made sure I was satisfied after every round of sex. And there were a lot of rounds. If I had to put a number on things, I would say three rounds every day.

"Hey?" Renzo whispered in my ear as he hugged me from behind.

"Hi." I smiled without looking at him. I was arranging Renzo's gun collection, trying to decide which one was my favorite. There was quite a variety here and it was difficult for me to choose since each and every one had something attractive about it. However, the gun I was in love with was the one Severin gave me when he got me out of the room where the tarantulas were trying to kill me.

"You are giving way too much attention to my guns; I don't like it," he muttered as he nipped at my earlobe, causing wetness to pool south of my body.

"I need to sort them out. I want to see all the weapons you have," I replied.

"These weapons are nothing compared to my secret weapon," he murmured. He had a secret weapon? Why didn't I know about it? What was it? I needed to know.

"You have a secret weapon? What is it? And why didn't you tell me before?" I asked him.

"Because I did not know I had it all this time. I thought she was a graceful swan whom I have captured, but she turned out to be a sexy slayer. My sugarplum. My secret weapon." He kissed me tenderly, his hold on me tightening but I could not care less. Renzo's kisses made me forget the world until I knew and felt nothing but him.

It was when he broke away did I understood what he said. He called me his secret weapon. I was glad he did not think of me as a damsel in distress who could not do anything for herself. He now saw me as his equal. Which, truth be told, took a long time but I was glad he was thinking of me as such.

"Well your secret weapon needs to know all about the weapons that you do have and need to learn how to use them." I told him. It would be nice to have proper knowledge about every kind of gun, as it would help me decide what to use for future conflicts that may or may not arise.

"I will teach her everything she wants to know. But right now, we have bigger things to worry about," he said, putting me on alert. What was going on? Was there another problem with his family? Were there others who wanted to take over his legacy and rule in his place? Would I have to kill more people?

Though killing Renzo's step-mother was not my intention, it ended up happening anyway. And I could spend the rest of my life feeling guilty about it, but at the end of the day it came down to her and Renzo. And I was going to choose Renzo. Not because I wanted him like I never wanted anything before—yes I wanted him, there was no lying about that—but I had to get back at him for all that he had done to me. And yes I was going to make him pay, I just no idea how...yet.

"The doctors who are treating Malia called. They said they will be discharging her in a couple of days," Renzo informed me.

"Oh." Relief spread through my body at the mention of Renzo's step-sister. Thank God she was alive and had gotten better to be discharged by the doctors. What was she going to do with her life now that her mother was no longer alive? "Then? What are you going to do?"

"I was thinking maybe...you can help me decide. What do you think we should do?" He looked at me, his eyes beseeching.

"Uhhh..." I had no idea how to answer because I had never been in a situation like this. She cared about Renzo, that much I knew. But could Renzo accept her as family and live in peace? What if she tried to hurt him? "I don't know. What do you want to do?"