Part 22

Part 22

"Uh no?" I said, and wanted to slap myself immediately. Why did I have to sound so unsure? Now he really was going to hurt Natasha just to teach me a lesson.

"Why did you call him?" Renzo asked, striding over to me, his stance predatory.

"I—I did not. I ca—called Severin," I said, which was kind of true. I mean, I was talking to the evil twin, even though it did not help me at all.

"Don't lie to me, sugarplum; not if you know what's good for you," he said. What was he going to do?

"Okay fine." I took a deep breath. "I wanted to call Severon because I was bored and wanted entertainment, but that man ended up connecting me to Severin, who was no help and was threatening to kill me."

By now Renzo was standing extremely close to me, so much so that I could smell the delicious cologne which was sitting on the vanity table. I needed to stop my mouth from watering or this would be embarrassing.

"I heard you asking for his help. Tell me, sugarplum, you think calling another for help would be wise? Especially when you know that no one is going to help you," he said. Why did it feel like he was going to attack me?

"I—I was scared you would hurt Natasha. She is innocent, Renzo, don't hurt her because of me," I replied, looking away.

"That is not a valid reason, sugarplum. You are my prisoner and you are not supposed to call another man...for anything. If you want something you tell me, not anyone else," he stated.

How did he expect me to ask him for anything when all he did was talk about torturing me? I was not stupid or suicidal to ask my captor to help me escape.

"You don't give me anything except death threats. So no, I won't ask you for anything. And the only reason I wanted to talk to Severon was because he is nice and likes to help people." I told him.

Renzo let out a bitter laugh, which instantly put me on edge. This was not a good sign; any minute now he was going to turn into my worst nightmare and there would be nothing I could do about it. Why was he making such a big deal about me calling Severon? It wasn't like I actually talked to him.

"Oh, my beautiful girl, you clearly don't know who Severon really is. You think he likes to help people? If by help you mean giving them a quick death, then sure, I guess you can say he likes to help them," he said, causing me to frown in confusion. No, Severon was not like that. He and Adone were among the good ones in this dark world of the Mafia.

"Yo—You're lying." But was he? They were the Mafia after all, how could they be kind towards other people? Those men thrived on killing and bathed in the blood of their victims.

"The hesitancy in your voice tells me that you fail to believe in your own words." He trailed a finger down the length of my neck, causing a shudder to race down my body.

"If you know all this, why are you so angry? Why do you have a problem when you know that no one will help me?" I questioned.

His eyes flashed, warning me to be careful of my words. "You are mine, sugarplum, did you forget that little fact?"

"I am not yours," I snarled, but I knew the words were a mistake when he wrapped a hand around my neck and pulled me closer to him.

"Say that again. I dare you," he hissed. I knew if I repeated the words he would cut off my air supply.

"I—I—" He didn't even let me get the word out before he started squeezing. Panic exploded in my heart as I tried to pry his hand off my neck only to fail as he was a lot stronger than I was.