Part 20

Part 20

What the hell? How could they have a location so soon? I mean, even I didn't know where Natasha was, I'd just given Renzo the name of the place and his men had already found her?

"Good. Get a lock on her position, I'll be there shortly. And send me the address," Renzo ordered before hanging up. I, on the other hand, was staring at him with my mouth wide open and eyes wide, unable to comprehend the efficiency of his guards.

"They've found Natasha," I said as more of a statement rather than a question; it was obvious they were talking about her.

Renzo turned to look at me and gave me a victorious grin. "Of course they did, sugarplum. You thought we would be unable to find her? I'm glad your intuition works fine because she is indeed in Naples."

"And what if she wasn't in Naples? What would you have done?" I queried, hating the fact that they found her so quickly. What were they going to do to her? I hoped Renzo didn't torture her, as I did not wish to see her in pain. Was it possible that I would be responsible for the pain Natasha would have to go through?

The thought instantly filled me with dread. No matter what happened, I would never allow Renzo to hurt Natasha in any way. I would tell him to torture me instead, but I would never let him hurt someone I knew, even if I wasn't on the best terms with her.

"I would've told you to give me another location and I would've told my men to find her there. I would've kept this up until I found her," he answered.

"Why are you so adamant on finding her? Can't you defeat the Borronis without her? I'm sure she is innocent in all this," I argued, trying to reason with him. But I knew deep in my heart that nothing would change his mind.

He scoffed as if I told him a joke. "If she was so innocent, she wouldn't be hiding right now. The Borronis know that I am not going to stop until all of them are dead..."

"What does Natasha have to do in all this? Why are you after her?" God, would I ever be able to understand Renzo and his obsession with the Borronis? What was so special about that family that he was acting so crazy?

"She knows where the Borronis are hiding," he replied.

Though his reason was valid, I still couldn't help but think that something was missing. The Borronis wouldn't be stupid enough to send Natasha out into the world knowing that Renzo was looking for them and she could very well be the cause of their death as she knew their location. No, something big was at stake here. The Borronis were sure to be clever people and they would not allow someone—who knew their location—to be roaming so freely.

"Are you sure Natasha knows their location?" I asked, mulling over the situation. This was not right; the Borronis were planning something, it was the only reason they would let Natasha out.

"Yes. Because she herself is one of them," he answered as if it was something I should've known.

This shouldn't have surprised me but for some reason it did. Why was it so hard for me to accept the fact that Natasha was related to the Mafia? The rumors were already there regarding her, so why couldn't I accept it?

Maybe because you never considered her to be so evil.

True. I knew Natasha could be mean and spiteful, but I never thought her to be a murderer. Could she go far as to kill someone? No, no, she wouldn't; she was a good person deep down, I knew that. But then, why was I so afraid of Renzo meeting her?

"Are you sure it's not a trap?" I asked, wanting him to know that arrogance was not his friend right now and he needed to be careful.

"You think it's a trap?" He asked, as if he really cared about my input. Well if he was asking for it, then I would not hesitate to give it. I needed to take my revenge on Renzo and for that I needed him alive. Yes, I needed him safe so I could be the one to destroy him.