Part 6

Part 6

He was lying, he had to be. There was no way these people were going to use me for their own selfish reasons and there was no way in hell I was going to let them use me. Whatever scheme they'd concocted was none of my business. I just had to worry about getting out of here.

"No," I stated as the four men looked at me, as if I was some sort of a secret weapon they were going to use in order to destroy the enemy.

"Pardon me, but what did you say?" It was Severin who spoke, his golden eyes hardening. It was clear he did not want to hear my refusal but that was all they would get. Natasha may hate my guts but I would not jeopardize her life like that. Who knows what these four monsters would do to her once they had her. And who were the Borronis?

"I said, no," I repeated, making sure to look at every man present in the room individually so they knew that I was serious. "I will have no part in this. You kidnapped the wrong girl and I would like to go home, not indulge you guys in your sick, bloodthirsty fantasies."

If looks could kill, I would've been dead by now with my body parts sliced and scattered all over the world. However, I did not back down; whatever happened, I would stand by my decision and I would not let the Mafia dictate my life.

"You would like to go home?" Renzo breaking the silence was so sudden that it jolted me back to the present.

I raised my head while squaring my shoulder. "Yes, that will be much appreciated." He needed to understand I was not one to order around and what he did was wrong.

"Well you can't leave until you do exactly what we tell you to do. So you either help us or you can consider yourself a prisoner here," Renzo stated.

His words had my jaw dropping and the answering smirk he gave me told me he'd gotten exactly what he wanted: a reaction from me. His words had affected me and he knew that, which meant he knew exactly how to gain power over me.

Stupid, stupid, Sadie. I scolded myself as I tried to rein in my emotions but realized the futility of it just seconds later. It was no use, I just had to figure out a way to make him regret keeping me here. But how could I do that?

"I wouldn't be a very good prisoner." I told him, hoping he would understand what I was trying to say and let me go.

Renzo arched an eyebrow. "Then I will just have to make sure you behave yourself while you are in my house."

"And how do you propose to do that?" I challenged.

His green eyes took on a wicked sparkle and I knew I would not like what I was about to hear. "Severin, why don't you tell her how we make our prisoners behave?"

Severin flashed his friend a conspiratorial smile before fixing those stunning eyes on me. "There is this woman—"

"You mean, Maril? Poor girl." I cut him off. He needed to know that any woman living with him would be anything but lucky.

Murder glittered in his eyes, causing my bones to shudder. "Yes, Maril. It's good that you remember things, Sadie, it'll be easier for you to learn and behave."

"Get to the point," I snapped.

"Watch your mouth! The only reason I haven't sliced your tongue to ribbons is because you might prove to be useful to us, but don't think you can get away with disrespecting us," Renzo said, his words like a viper's tongue, slapping my soul.

"Oh really? If I'm so useful then you won't hurt me, so I think that I can say whatever I want and you have no choice but to suck it up," I argued. Who did he think he was? I would make him realize that it was him who needed me and not the other way around. However, I had to be careful because I needed a way to get out of here and that would not be possible if he ended up locking me in here.