Part 36

Part 36

"I told you I will tear you limb from limb if all you said turned out to be a lie," I said to the woman sprawled on the ground, blood soaking her dress due to the wound I gave her. In my defense, a bullet to the stomach was nothing compare to the pain she put me through.

"Sa—Sadie?" I heard Renzo's voice behind me. Turning my attention away from the three women who had been causing trouble for Renzo, I looked at the man who drove my heart and mind crazy, and pointed the gun at him.

"Don't even think about interfering. This is between me and Natasha," I stated before turning my attention to the trio.

Pain was evident on all three faces as I looked down at them, wondering how best to finish them off. Natasha was my personal target and I would be sure to deal with her on my own. But the other two, I had no idea what to do with them. I could not hand them over to Renzo because I had a score to settle with him as well. Maybe I could hand Renzo's step-mother and sister over to Severin...

The man who helped me escape.

It was strange how out of all three of Renzo's people, Severin was the one who came to my rescue. I mean, I always thought he hated me and he made sure to let the whole world know how much he wished for Renzo to kill me.

I was not expecting him to come to my aid, to be honest. After Renzo left me with the tarantulas, I had been wondering the best way to kill them all and save my skin. Those creepy spiders had been strangely graceful and it was more than enough for me to wonder what was wrong with my head. How they crawled over to me with such grace was a mesmerizing sight, making me forget that I should be terrified of them and looking for a way out.

And when my senses returned to my head where they belonged, that's when panic hit me with the force of a freight train, making me lose my senses all over again. With panic saturating my nerve endings, I couldn't find a way to escape out of the tarantula hell Renzo had left me in. I was never going to forgive him for doing this to me. Once I dealt with his family, I would deal with him next.

While I was trying to look for a desk or a chair—anything that could keep me out of the reach of the tarantulas—I heard the sound of the door opening and looked up to see Severin standing there with a frown on his face.

"What in the world are you doing here?" He asked me, eyeing me from head to toe with an expression akin to disgust.

"Your douchebag of a friend locked me in here with the disgusting spiders, and so I am trying to protect myself from them," I answered his ridiculous question. What was he even doing here?

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be helping Renzo?" I was not expecting an answer because Severin never bothered to think of me as human.

"I'll help him, that is not the problem. The problem is you being here," he said as he stepped inside the room.

"Are you blind or are you ignoring the hundred tarantulas crawling on the floor?" How could he not be terrified of the hideous creatures?

"Like I said, tarantulas are not the problem. You being here is the problem. Always a problem," he muttered as he kicked a couple of tarantulas out of the way.

I frowned, aggravated by his hostile attitude towards me. "Excuse me? I didn't do anything to you that you are labeling me as a problem. And Renzo left me here by himself, so you don't get to call me a problem."

"Doesn't mean your presence here is not a problem," he continued spewing God knows what nonsense as he marched over to me. His presence was shocking enough but when he touched my arm that's when I froze due to surprise.