Part 16

Part 16

"I must say, this turned out to be beautiful," Renzo commented, eyeing my belly button.

"I would consider agreeing with you if I could see what you've done," I muttered, hating the fact that I was still bound. He was going to pay for marking my body in such a manner, and I would extract interest.

"Wait. You can't see it, yet. I have to make sure it doesn't get infected." From my vantage point, all I could see was a red jewel right where my belly button was. Out of all the colors, why did he choose red?

"Why did you choose red and not any other color?" I questioned, watching him as he dabbed my pierced belly button with an ointment. How was he doing that while the belly button ring was present? Maybe he had ruined me completely.

"Because I like red and it looks good on you," he answered. It was strange how he was no longer acting like the deranged psychopath who was hell bent on killing me with a nail gun. Was it possible that he would behave differently with me from now on?

And I know I will enjoy seeing you in pain.

If Renzo thought that he had won, then showing him the truth would be even more fun. I may have agreed to helping him find Natasha but that did not mean I would accept defeat. Just because he could force my submission did not mean he could break me.

"It hurts," I complained, though it wasn't that bad; I just wanted him to release me from the shackles and let me go to my room so I could plot my revenge.

Renzo walked over to me and cupped my cheek so gently, I thought he was someone else altogether. "I know, but the pain will go away soon. I will come to apply ointment on it before you go to sleep at night."

"I can do that myself." I told him. "Can you get me out of these; my wrists are starting to hurt."

"Wait a few more minutes; let the ointment take effect. I will go and have the chef prepare something for you to eat. I will be back in a few minutes." With a soft smile, Renzo walked out of the room, leaving me confused.

Was this really the same Renzo who kidnapped me and threatened to break my body if I didn't do as he said? No, this was not the same man. Maybe I was hallucinating. Yes, Renzo must've drugged me while piercing my belly button and now I was hallucinating about him being nice to me. I mean, he went down to tell the chef to prepare a nice meal for me; the Renzo I knew couldn't care less if I ate or starved to death. This man was clearly not Renzo, and when the real Renzo would come, I would demand for an apology for drugging me.

"Drugging me was a low blow, Renzo," I muttered to myself, as I tried to ignore my new piercing. How long would this drug last? I did not want to be fooled into thinking that Renzo was a kind man who was merciful. Such faulty thinking would get me killed for sure.

But no matter what I thought, I couldn't understand why he would drug me in such a manner as to make me think that he was a nice man? What was the point? I did not understand. Did he believe that if I saw him in a positive light, then I would do whatever he told me to do? Yes, maybe that was why he was acting all sweet.

What are you going to do about it?

There wasn't much I could do about it except wait for the drug to wear off. However, once I regained my senses I would do something that would make him regret putting me through all this. Maybe I would go and poison his food or something, and then he would die and the world would be peaceful once again.

When I heard his footsteps approaching, I tried my best to empty my mind of murderous thoughts which involved Renzo lying on the floor—dead—with me standing over him in victory.