Part 11

Part 11

"I hate him. I hate him so much. Why can't I kill him?" I asked Severon as we went back to my room. Renzo had a few things to do and so he ordered Severon to take me back to my room where he would join us later.

"You can't kill him because you are powerless here. This is Renzo's domain and he holds all the power," he answered, opening the door to my bedroom and ushering me inside.

"I hate him. Why does he have to be so evil? He knows how important my body is to me and he is threatening to destroy the one thing that I love so much. That's sick. How sick can a person be?" I replied, trying to reign in my anger and frustration.

"He is desperate, Sadie. And when a man is desperate, he does whatever it takes to get what he wants," he answered. I did not agree with his reasons. No man, no matter how desperate, would threaten to break your bones if you didn't do as he said.

"That is not true. Desperation does not lead to this," I argued, flopping down on my bed. Prisoner or not, I sure loved my bed; it had the fluffiest mattress I'd ever slept on.

"It does when it comes to the Mafia." His statement nearly pushed me over the edge of sanity, which would've resulted in me slapping him until he took his words back.

I sighed. "I just don't understand what the big deal is with the Borronis. Why is he so adamant on destroying them? Can't he just find something else to occupy his thoughts and time with?" Grabbing one of the two pillows on the bed, I placed one over my stomach, needing the comfort of the soft pillow.

"You don't know the Borronis; it is better for all of us if they are destroyed. Wiping out the entire bloodline is the only way to ensure the safety of the people around us," he stated, sitting down on the bed.

"It's just that, he expects me to help him but he doesn't tell me why he wants to kill them all. How can I help him when I don't even know why I'm helping in the first place?" Why did Renzo have to be so frustrating? I wished he had a normal bone in his body but no, he was hell bent on breaking mine.

"You will understand Renzo very soon. All you have to do is be patient and observe everything that he does. Once you understand him, you will know why he wants to destroy the Borronis." Though I hated to admit it, but Severon's words filled me with hope. Was it possible to understand my captor? Maybe if I did as Severon said then I might be able to change him so that he did not threaten to break my body into a million little pieces.

"If I do that, will he stop threatening to kill me?" I queried. Maybe I could sneak into the kitchen at night, grab a knife and stab Renzo while he slept; that way I would not have to worry about him breaking my legs.

"I am not sure about it, to be honest. But you can give it a try. Who knows, he might show you some mercy, or maybe you can trick him into being kind," he suggested with a soft smile. Severon was such a wonderful man, why couldn't Renzo be like him?

"How can a deranged moron be merciful? I am telling you, Severon, I have no hope for him," I stated with a huff.

"Then maybe it's about time you should. Renzo is a wonderful person once you get to know him. He is loyal and an amazing friend." Severon told me. It was strange how he was so fond of my captor, but then again why wouldn't he be, Ren wasn't threatening to kill him.

"Please forgive me for not believing a word you just said." I paused, surprised at the bitterness in my voice. "I will destroy him if he doesn't let me go. He does not know who he is messing with, Sev, but I'll be more than happy to show him."

"Why so resentful, chili pepper?" I scowled at the nickname. Chili pepper? How could I be a chili pepper?

"Why did you call me that? I am not a chili pepper!" I protested. Maybe I should feed him a bunch of chili peppers so that he would lose the ability to speak.