Part 39

Part 39

I whipped my head around so fast it was a miracle my neck was still intact. Renzo stood there, his eyes shimmering with love which he confessed to just now. His stance, however, looked predatory, as if he was ready to strike if given the chance.

"Wh—What did you say?" I asked as I stood up, unable to believe him. Did he really just confessed to loving me? My mind buzzed with the admission, hoping for it to be a reality rather than a cruel dream.

"Okay. I will speak in a language you understand." He strode over to me until he was standing as close as he could possibly get without stepping on my toes. Then he cupped my face with his hands and looked deep in my eyes as if planning to drown in them. "Ti amo, sugarplum." (I love you, sugarplum)

And when he pressed his lips to mine, I wasted no time in responding to him with fervor. I kissed him like I was kissing him for the last time and he would disappear if I broke the kiss. When his tongue demanded entrance I opened for him and allowed him to dance with my tongue, not caring about Malia or anything that existed outside of this kiss.

"I love you, Renzo," I replied as soon as our lips parted and I wasn't using my lips to make love to his.

"I know you do. I heard everything you said to Malia, and believe me, sugarplum, you have made me the happiest man in the world," he stated, pulling me in his arms as if he had no intention of letting me go.

"Eavesdropper," I whispered in his ear as I tried to take a nip of his earlobe but he was too tall for me, even with my long dancer's legs.

"I say all is fair in love and war," he muttered with a chuckle as he pulled me away just enough so he could look in my eyes.

"I would have to disagree with you there. Under no circumstances is abuse fair, of any sorts," I stated. Renzo had done tortured me a lot in the past and I wanted him to know that we could not just forget about it or pretend it did not happen and move on. No, he had to acknowledge his mistakes and hopefully he would apologize for hurting me like that.

Guilt instantly replaced the love in his eyes and I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not. "You know I would never do anything to hurt you now, right?"

"That does not justify what you did in the past, Renzo." No matter how much I tried to tell myself that everything was alright now, it just wasn't possible. I did not think I could fully trust him if he did not at least apologize for what he'd done to me. And if I could not trust him, then there was no point in us being together because a relationship was nothing without trust.

"I know, darling, but I promise you I will make it up to you. I will not stop until you forgive me from the bottom of your heart," he said, kissing my cheek.

"Really?" I smiled, my heart relaxing after sensing the truth in his words. However, it made me wonder how long it would take for me to forgive him? Well, I guess it depended on his actions. But I still needed to keep a time limit for him.

Renzo nodded. "Yes." He paused. "I know I do not deserve your forgiveness for all that I have done to you but I will do anything and everything in my power to earn your love and trust."

"Really? You will do anything to earn my love and trust?" If he meant those words, then I had the perfect way.

"Of course. After the death of my parents—" He shot a glare at Malia who was sitting in bed behind me. "—you are the first person I have been so happy with, and I do not want to lose that, no matter what."

"Well, in that case. There is something you can do. And it is going to be the first step to earning my trust," I said, eager to tell him what I wanted him to do.