Part 18

Part 18

"You know I can just torture it out of you," he said, as if I was going to be scared of him.

I rolled my eyes. "Do you ever try not to take the coward's way out?" I threw at him. If I had to bruise his ego in order to get what I wanted, then I would do just that.

"Excuse me?" He barked as if I'd slapped him.

"What? Did that meeting mess with your hearing, that you're saying excuse me again and again?" I never knew just how fun riling Renzo up could be; I should do it more often.

I yelped when he grabbed my arm and pulled me forward as if I were an errant child which he would enjoy punishing.

"Give me the location, or else," he threatened. However, his words had little effect, as I'd already been through the worst when he locked me up in that torture chamber of his and pierced my belly button.

"No. You want your location, you give me what I want," I repeated.

"Don't make me hurt you, sugarplum," he warned.

"I am not scared of you, Renzo. I used to be, but you tortured the fear out of me." I told him. To be honest, I was still scared of him; I mean he could still break my bones and hurt my grandmother like he always threatened.

"You are a fool if you think you don't have to be afraid of me." His eyes shot daggers at me, but I had become immune to his glares. Maybe there was a way to understand and manipulate Renzo, but I had to deal with Natasha and the Borronis first.

"If you want your location, you would do well not to threaten me. The more you hurt me, the harder it will be for me to tell you the location," I stated, relishing in the power I had over him.

My heart skipped a beat when he brought his face close to mine. "Vuoi davvero giocare a questo gioco con me, sugarplum?" (Do you really want to play this game with me, sugarplum?)

I looked him deep in the eyes and said the one word which would change the course of my life forever. "Sempre." (Always)

Renzo's eyes widened for a second before they went back to being a pair of slits. "Be careful, or you might burn."

"Is that a threat or a promise?" I had no idea what was wrong with me. It felt as if someone—someone other than me—had taken over my body and was using my mouth and saying things which I would never say to Renzo. However, this was no one but me. I didn't know why but standing in such close proximity to the man I vowed to hate messed with my mind, making me say things which were all wrong. I knew I had to control myself before I said or did something which I would regret.

"You don't know what you are saying," he hissed, his eyes darkening into a beautiful forest green. He was right, I really didn't know what I was saying or why I was saying it, but for some reason I did not care; I really was losing my mind.

"Then why don't you enlighten me?" I suggested. Maybe Renzo could knock some sense into me, so I could go back to hating him.

"Do you really want me to?" He cocked his head to the side, as if studying me and determining my specie.

"Of course." I smiled. I was sure I had been possessed by a demon or something because I would never behave this way with him if I was myself.

"Alright, sugarplum." He paused. "You are openly flirting with me."

"Only because I'm bored." Shut up. Shut up. Shut up!

"That's dangerous, sugarplum. Very dangerous," he murmured, his lips moving an inch closer to mine.