Part 13

Part 13

I banged the door as hard as I could, as if Renzo was going to hear me and get me out of here. But that jerk was going to do no such thing.

Glaring at the stupid door, I tried to relax and focus on something to pass the time. Surely Ren would not leave me here for eternity, right? I mean, he was bound to come visit me some time.

The room he'd locked me in looked to be someone's nightmare. A wooden table, which looked more like a slab than an actual table sat in the center of the room. Next to the table was a box which was covered by a black cloth, hiding whatever it contained inside. A cupboard was situated against one wall, and God knows what it contained. Why couldn't he have locked me in a normal room?

"Come on, Sadie, think. You cannot stay in this room forever. You must find a way to get out," I muttered to myself as I looked around the horrors smirking at me in the form of torture devices. But there was no window, nor an air conditioning vent, at least no visible one. Which only left the door, but how could I get out?

I walked over to the door and bent down to examine it. Anxiety struck a chord inside me when I saw no key hole. How was I going to get out of here when there was no way to pick the lock? Oh no, Renzo really had thought of everything when locking me in here. What was I going to do now?

With a frustrated groan, I banged the door a few more times, hoping the maids would hear and come to rescue me. But they were working for Renzo, why would they help me?

The suspicious box which was covered in black cloth pulled my attention. What did the box contain? Did I dare to find out?

"Well, you might as well since there is nothing to do and you will go crazy if you sit here and do nothing." I told myself as I eyed the mysterious crate. I had a feeling that all I would have for company was myself so talking to myself should not feel weird to me.

"Okay Sadie, enough talking. Time to see what's underneath the cloth," I said before taking a few hesitant steps in the direction of the box. What if there was something dangerous hidden underneath the cloth? Would it attack me and kill me? Maybe I should not take such a risk; perhaps I could find something else to do.

However, when I looked around the torture chamber, I couldn't see anything that could entertain me or occupy my time. This room and was boring, just like the owner of this house. Why was he so boring?

I wished Adone or Severon would come to visit me, but I had a feeling Renzo would keep them as far away from me as possible. He wanted me to die of loneliness, which was a strange way to kill someone if they refused to help you.

"Renzo, you are evil. And one day I will make you pay for all you've done to me," I vowed, before sighing deeply and sitting down on the cold floor with my back against the wall. I wasn't sure if he would send someone with food and water for me, maybe it was time I took a short nap. So with nothing to do but wait—forever—I closed my eyes and willed sleep to come to me.

-*-*-*-*

I woke up to a strange creaking sound, which had me jumping up and looking around for the source. Where was it coming from?

Confusion enveloped me when I realized that the door was responsible for the creaking noise. Hope bloomed in my heart like a flower; was someone finally here to rescue me?

The door opened a crack and I held my breath, wondering who it could be. I hoped it was Severon, no wait, I wanted to see Adone; it had been a while since I saw him.

However, when the Devil himself appeared, I could do little to hide my shock. What in the world was he doing here? I thought he said he wouldn't open the door until I was nothing but a pile of bones. Did he change his mind? Was he planning on torturing me again in order to get me to help him?