Part 32

Part 32

Who were these women? These smiling, beautiful women. Who were they and what kind of a life did they live before they met Renzo? And when they were with Renzo were they happy? Did Renzo make them suffer while torturing them and ultimately killing them?

"Wh—Who are these women?" I asked as I shuffled backwards, wanting to be as far away from Renzo as possible.

"Sugarplum, let's go outside. This room is not supposed to be open. I am going to kill the maids for this," he said, moving towards me.

"Why? What is so special about these women? Why do you have their pictures here? Who are these women?" I repeated, not wanting to think that I was dealing with a potential serial killer.

"They are dead, sugarplum. All of them are dead. I have no concern with these women and neither should you." His voice softened as if explaining things to a lost and frightened animal.

"Then why do you have their pictures here? And how did they die?" I queried, even though my heart was fluttering like a hummingbird in fear. What if he confessed to killing all these women? What would I do then? Would I run? Would he even let me?

"That is something I will tell you later, come on, let's leave this room. It gives me the creeps." The more he shuffled forward, the more I moved backwards, not realizing that I was reaching the end until my foot tripped over the leg of a table and I would've fallen had Renzo not caught a hold of me.

"Careful sugarplum, you'll hurt yourself," he muttered, his arms around my waist.

"You suddenly care about my pain?" Did Renzo really care or was he just pretending in order to lure me in his trap?

"I always cared about your pain, sugarplum. And that's why I decided to control it." I frowned when I heard a snap as if something was being locked in. Looking back, I realized that Renzo had handcuffed me. Why in the world would he do that? He then scooped me up in his arms and walked out of the bedroom, slamming the door shut on his way out.

"No! Take me back! I want to know about those women," I ordered him but he just continued walking in the opposite direction.

"You are feisty and it makes it very difficult for me to control myself," he commented as we entered his bedroom. How did we get here so fast?

"That is not the answer to my question!" I shrieked as he tossed me on the bed before crawling on top of me.

"I will give you your answers, sugarplum. Just be a little patient," he murmured in a soft, soothing voice as he pushed locks of hair behind my ear.

"If I have to be patient, then I will have no choice but to imagine the worst," I warned him.

"And what is it that you are imagining? Tell me," he replied.

"No. I won't tell you anything because you do the same to me." Seeing those pictures had me slightly afraid of this man who straddled me. Okay, I was lying; I was downright terrified. But I still couldn't believe that Renzo killed all those women because there was something inside me that believed that there was something good inside him. However, this only made me wonder whether Natasha was right and Renzo had managed to play me and was soon going to kill me.

"Alright. If I tell you something, then will you tell me what I want to know?" He questioned with a soft smile. Why was he so calm? He should be angry or at least worried that I almost got to know his secret, but he was acting as if he had nothing to hide.

"Only if you tell me what I want to know." There was no way I was letting him deviate from this topic. He was going to tell me who those women were before the sun went down today.