Part 31

Part 31

Natasha was lying, she had to be. Renzo was not some kind of a creepy serial killer. He was a criminal, yes, but that did not mean he seduced women and killed them because he was a psychopath.

"I have to find that graveyard as well as the photo album in his study. But I don't know where his study is. How will I find it?" I muttered to myself as I left Natasha's cell. I could not believe I was worried about her. All she did was waste my time by telling me all sorts of lies about her cousin. And to think I was planning on helping her escape. I was not making that mistake anymore. Now the next time I would meet her, I'd be sure to kill her because I knew all that she had said about Renzo was a lie.

Now that I was free to roam about, I did not know what to do with myself. Should I go and talk to Renzo about this or should I give weight to Natasha's words and check out the backside of the mansion? There would be guards there so someone might catch me and throw me back to Renzo, who would tie me up in his room—and this time forever.

"Where you walking around to?" I jumped in surprise when I heard Severin's voice. Why the hell was he still here? Did he not have his woman to torture?

"None of your business," I snapped. "I'm not trying to run away if that's what you are thinking."

"You can't escape even if you tried. Renzo tripled the security around here after your little stunt. Now every guard knows to watch out for your face and they will report to Renzo before you can even say, tiramisu," he replied with an evil smirk. What was about these Mafia men, why did they look so sexy when they were being evil?

Because they are the Devil's spawns.

I should be rolling my eyes at the explanations my mind came up with but I could not help but agree. These men were nothing but devils, and the devil always used his looks to trick people. Why did I have to get stuck with them? My life was ruined.

"So if I do step out to get some fresh air..."

"Then you will have twenty guards shadowing you," Severin finished, making me wonder how in the world was I going to look for a graveyard now? If I would have guards trailing me, then they would tell Renzo about the graveyard and he would kill me for talking to Natasha. He was already so sensitive when it came to talking about his family.

"I see." I tried to keep my voice neutral so as not to give anything away. "So why are you still here? Has Renzo decided to keep you as a prisoner as well?"

Severin glared at me. "He is my friend, not my captor. And it is none of your business why I'm here or when I'm leaving. You just keep behaving yourself because Renzo has a lot to do and he can't waste his time watching over you."

"You know what, you are the worse human being on this planet," I snarled, glaring at him. Just who did he think he was? I wasn't even his captive and he just went around poking his nose in my business. Just because he was Renzo's friend did not mean that he got to disrespect me in such a manner. I may be a captive but I was still human which meant I had rights which no one could take.

"I would say the same about you but then again, Renzo has already told you that by having his rats feed on you. Actions do speak louder than words, don't they, Sadie?" He shot me a venomous grin before walking away and vanishing inside the mansion.

I counted to ten before releasing a deep breath. I hated Severin, much more than I hated Renzo. Why did he have to be such a jerk? I liked his twin, he was nice and considerate. He and Adone would tell Renzo not to torture me but Severin was the worst of the lot. I felt sorry for his woman.