Prologue

"Hey, Hunk and Pidge are you guys excited for when we present?" Lance asked, thinking of the future when they all would smell and have features of their secondary genders. Lance was excited, but nervous of the prospect of their futures. The brown haired boy wished so much that he would present as an alpha. The time would come sooner than expected because although the trio was only 10 years old, alphas tended to present early on from ages 12-15, while betas presented usually from 13-16 and omegas, 14-17. Lance shuddered at the thought of the last gender. Being an omega would suck big time he thought, with not only the painful heats, as well as the baby-making stereotype and hardcore judgement of the gender. Yeah, Lance thought I really want to be an alpha!

"Yeah, I guess. I'm a bit nervous though, what about you Pidge?" Hunk looked at the shortest of the three. She shrugged and continued looking at the intense wiring of the invention she was working on.

"I honestly could care less." Pidge glanced up at the two boys. "It's not like it's that big of a deal anyway. Who cares if you're an alpha or a beta, or heck even an omega?" Pidge was so sick of hearing about people talk about presentations, didn't her classmates realize they were about two years away from it anyway? She would be glad the day when all of the kids their age were in their older teenage years, because then hopefully the hype would dull down.

"Are you kidding me? This is a huge deal! Our future is at stake." Lance tried to convince Pidge but she still didn't seem to care, returning to the project she was working on. Lance looked at his best friend hoping for backup, but Hunk just shrugged and went back to watching Pidge work.

The group worked on the project for another couple of hours before they had to call it quits. Although all three were gifted students and liked to stay after school to work on robotics, they were still young and had to leave in time for dinner. They each put away some of the pieces where they belonged. Lance huffed grabbing his backpack and slugging it over his shoulder dramatically. He couldn't wait for the future and as much as Pidge told him and Hunk it would be unimportant, Lance had a gut feeling that the future, especially his secondary gender, had a lot in store for him. He just hoped those would be good things.

•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>
Hey guys, I'm completely gutting this story. It really needs a revamp and I'm excited to continue editing it!!