1

Lance was absolutely dreading his first day of high school. Don't get him wrong, he loves talking with all the people in his classes and spending time with his two best friends but it was just so hard to pretend all day long. Since the five years since he had dreamed of presenting it had only resulted in disappointments. Both Hunk and Pidge had presented as betas of course, with subtle calming scents, both made sense in the genders of betas. Lance, however, had been extremely disappointed in his presentation, which resulted in his current sad pretending situation. After turning twelve, Lance was so excited for the day he would present as an alpha, he waited another year and still didn't present, thinking it was a little lame but would probably end up as a beta. However, this summer before school started he was let down even further when he had his first heat, meaning he was an omega.

Male omegas were very rare and Lance realized his future wasn't looking too bright the moment he felt slick dripping down his thighs. Lances mother looked at him with pity and brought him cooling cloths, and ample food and water for him to survive his heat. Along with the unpleasant feeling of being empty and emotional for his heat, Lance could also start to smell his omegan scent. It was very sweet and smelt like cool and calming water, with a pinch of something sweet and tangy. Lance hated it because it really sealed the deal of him being an omega. That had only been two months prior and since then Lance had made every effort possible to conceal his secondary gender. He immediately begged his mother for scent blockers and suppressants, which she frowned at him for but couldn't deny him after he begged for days on end.

Now, Lance smelt like a largely toned down version of himself, projecting himself as a beta. The only people who knew his true secondary gender were his family, and Pidge and Hunk. The two of them were worried for Lances mental being after presenting, but he assured them he was fine, so long as they didn't tell a soul about him being an omega. They promised and now Lance felt slightly less jittery about going to high school with his two friends who had his back.

Lance was jolted out of his thoughts when he heard a honk. He grabbed his backpack off the chair in his room, looked in the mirror and fixed his hair quickly, before rushing out the door after giving his mama a kiss on the cheek. Lance waved at Hunk and Pidge when he saw them in the driveway. Pidge looked annoyed, but she got shotgun, so she couldn't be all that mad. Lance climbed into the backseat right as Hunk started to put the car in reverse. Junk was really old for their grade so he had just gotten his license and could take the trio to school this year.

"Turn on something good Pidge, Ohhh like Shakira!" Lance demanded from the backseat, slightly upset that he had no access to the aux cord.

"No Lance, I want to listen to my playlist today." Pidge responded, turning up her techno music even louder, loud enough to drown out Lances complaints at least. Lance pouted in the backseat for most of the drive because he wouldn't have his hype girl Shakira to get him ready for his first day of high school. Lances pouting ended after about five minutes into the drive because they were nearing the high school. The nerves kicked in once again and Lances leg started bouncing on its own accord. The nerves increased ten-fold as Hunk pulled into a parking spot on the far end of the lot. "Ready guys?" Hunk asked as he shut off his car. Pidge nodded and when Hunk looked back at Lance the brown haired boy clenched his teeth and responded with a nod of his own.

They each grabbed their own bags and started the trek towards the entrance of the school. Lance was nervous about someone identifying him as an omega, however no one said anything, and in fact no one paid any attention to the trio, going about their daily business at the school. There were lots of upperclassmen and Lance had to admit he felt a little out of his league. Hunks patted his shoulder and gave him an encouraging smile and Lance continued into the school. The group stopped at Hunk and Pidges lockers first, since they were both so close in the alphabet. Then they went to Lances since his was further down into another section of the hallway. After dropping their backpacks off and grabbing their supplies, the trio had to split up. They all had some classes together, but they each had different first hour classes. Hunk had algebra, Pidge had computer science, and Lance had English, leaving them all in different wings of the school which had each of their respective subjects. Lance was a little saddened about not having Pidge and Hunk in his first class but shrugged off the disappointment because he would see them later in the afternoon and at lunch. Plus, Lance was pretty good at making friends with the people in his classes, so he was sure he could manage. After a quick hug with Hunk and a high-five with Pidge, Lance turned down the hall towards his English class, trying to prepare himself for what his first day of high school might bring.

•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>
Really trying to add more depth during this rewrite. I'm very excited about how this story is going to transform and hope you are excited as well. I am also trying to make each chapter longer because the more words, the more of a challenge it is for me of an author but also more enjoyable for yoy readers. Hope you enjoy the updated version of the story, can't wait to see you next time :)