22

Lance felt like the walls were closing in. He hated the feeling of helplessness that overcame him at the lack of ability to escape this situation. Shiro had dragged him to a waiting room to be held for further decisions about his future. The future that Lance felt woefully unprepared to face. Lance also felt slightly confused. During the transfer he had noticed a familiar sent on the alphas. It smelled like Keith and left a tinge if longing in Lances gut. He knew that keith probably didn't care about him, after all he was caught kissing another, but deep down his inner omega hoped for that alpha to be his dashing hero and save him from this demise.

Lance wondered if Shiro knew Keith. They could even go to the same school. The possibility was high considering the scent but also how familiar the name Shiro was and the appearance of the alpha. The omega also wondered what sort of sacrifice he was required for. He didn't feel as if there was anything special about himself in any way, so what use could he be of for this ritual. There was also the fact that a strange woman seemed to be mentioned around this facility. Not that Lance wanted to meet her, however he was curious about who they were talking about and if she played a role in this scheme.

The omega also seriously wished he could be released soon. He could feel himself becoming closer to the depths of his heat. The tingling sensation in his lower region was not lowering at all. He could feel him self getting lost in the haze, only fueled in by Keith's lingering scent on himself. His inner omega was shouting, Alpha! Alpha! Alpha! Like a life saving chant. Lance dagger against the wall from pure exhaustion. He hadn't gotten much rest lately due to stress from the thought of school and his struggles with accepting himself. He felt himself drifting but didn't feel safe in this foreign place in such a vulnerable state.

Distracted by his thoughts, Lance failed to notice the slight creaking of the door. He slowly lifted his head when he finally hear steps approaching. Straining his eyes to see, he noticed two beady yellow eyes staring right into him. The person drifted closer to Lance moving as if they were walking on a cloud and everyone next to them was beneath them. They were cloaked in a dark purple garment and hunched over slightly. The voice, a woman, spoke, "Ah this is our precious sacrifice, correct?"

Lance whimpered and the woman moved even closer and gripped Lances checks with her slim fingers, pressing her sharp nails into his cheek. She tilted his head left and right as if viewing a specimen ready for a treatment. "Hmmm, he will do nicely" Her gravely voice told the guards at the door. They nodded back and shut the door leaving Lance with the woman all alone.

The woman started laughing, a deep cackling like noise erupting out of her throat. She focused her beady eyes on Lance. "My name is Haggar and if you think you have known pain in your life, just wait. It is nothing like what you are about to experience!"

Lance was helpless but to do anything except curl in on himself even more in hopes of escaping this witch whose eyes were set on Lance like he was prey.

•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>•>
the vote has been decided. hopefully this didn't suck. want to write more but didn't have time. next chapter is going to be longer.