《3》" I'm bad at listening. "

Tia's POV

"You know I've got that Sokovia Records meeting to sort out with the others today... You could've at least let me have a little bit of a sleep-in for this morning..." Tony mumbled through a mouthful of toast. He seemed more alert now, opposed to before he had drunk his coffee, that is.

I drummed my fingers on the counter of the immaculate kitchen bench. I had decided that straight up freaking the hell out wouldn't be the most effective way of figuring out what was going on.

"Oh, right. Sure, those! Sorry 'bout that," I replied, feigning a cheeky grin, "What time is it at, anyway?"

"I thought I told you about it yesterday..." He sighed.

What I wanted to say was something along the lines of; 'Well, no. But I know all about the Sokovia Records, and how it all totally flops on y'all.'

Instead, I shrugged, "I'm bad at listening."

"I know," He grumbled, and I got the feeling that he was used to this... whatever 'this' was, "I'll be leaving to meet Cap' and the others at about midday, but I have to attend a seminar first, so I'll be off right after breakfast. I take it you're okay if I'm gone for a few hours?"

Now I perked up, accidentally dropping my breakfast toast as I shot Tony a sharp glare, "Wait, can't I come with you? I'll be helpful, I swear!"

BECAUSE I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS IN CIVIL WAR AND HOW YOU AND STEVE FIGHT BECAUSE STEVE GOT HIS OLD BOYFRIEND BACK AND HE LIKES HIM BETTER THAN YOU.

Tony frowned and shook his head, setting his (now empty) coffee mug down, "No. I've told you this a thousand times. You weren't involved in the whole ordeal in Sokovia, so you just need to keep a low profile and it'll be fine."

Oh, for goodness sake.

"What if I really wanted to come along and really believed that I can help?" I pressed, narrowing my eyes.

"Hmm, let me think about that...!" Tony remarked sarcastically, "No."

"You didn't even think about that for a moment," I muttered as he passed me on his way to the sink, where he deposited his plate and cup.

"I know," he grinned, "Now I'm going to get changed, then I'll be off."

He strode across the room and disappeared around the corner to the hallway. I was left sitting at the counter, a half-eaten slice of toast dangling from my fingers and an annoyed scowl plastered across my features.

"Fine, when they realise the storm of crap they've gotten themselves into, it's not my fault," I muttered. I should be trying to figure out what I'm going to do about all this. If I've really been transported to the Marvel world...
I began to quickly scarf down my toast as I let myself drift into thoughts and theories of what to do.

My daydreams were interrupted as Tony rushed back out from the corridor, now dressed in a suit and tie. He snatched up a briefcase, yawned, and hurried over to the door.

He paused, then turned back to me, "You can call me if there are any problems, just don't get yourself in trouble."

"Rightio. No trouble. Got it," I gave him the thumbs-up. Tony seemed to hesitate for a second, then whisked out the door. It clicked shut behind him, leaving me alone in the house.

Immediately, I was out of my chair and running back to the bedroom-that-was-not-mine-but-apparently-was.

"First of all, what's the deal with these flames?" I sang to myself.