《27》First Mission

(Song: Never Close Our Eyes - Adam Lambert)

Peter's POV

Mr Stark's lecture, admittedly, was pretty entertaining. He kept using 3D holographic images, designs and scaffolds to reinforce the information. The holographs reminded me of the preparation before the Leipzig Airport battle against Captain America and his friends.

I hope they are all okay...

On my right, Ned was frantically writing down just about everything that Mr Stark said, and rapid-fire muttering about whether or not he could take a selfie with Mr Stark (despite Michelle giving him a death threat with her pen if he didn't be quiet).

On my left, however, Tia had written hardly anything in her notebook. I peered over at it in interest; 'Physics', 'diagram', 'mechanics', what?', 'sunglasses', 'if T'Challa is the Black Panther, does that mean he can talk to cats? Ask Shuri.' and 'is it possible to re-do the Heathers musical w. the 3 marvel Chris's as the Heathers, Tom Holland as Veronica and Ryan Reynolds as J.D.?'

She was staring at the stage with a mystified expression. From my position at her side, I could just make out the orange glint of her real eye colour from behind her glasses.

I looked down at my own page. I didn't have nearly enough as Ned, but I think I understood the basics. Even if I got confused, I could probably ask Mr Stark later.

Picking up my pen again, I bent over my notebook, ready to take notes. I got this.

Tia's POV

I'm so confused. What the heck was Tony even talking about for that entire time?

"On behalf of the students here, I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to come here today!" Announced one of the teachers after Tony's lecture had finished.

I nearly laughed out loud. 'Busy schedule'? Ha! As if. He told me he was going to spend the day binge-watching as much of 'Game of Thrones' as he could!

"It was no problem," Tony replied casually. There was a deafening scraping of chairs as all the students began to stand and get their belongings organised for the next session in the IDT labs.

"Thank you, students," the same teacher called, "You will now have a short break before the next session, where you will all be split up into five groups for lab work."

"Oh, one more thing..." Tony's voice rang out over the crowd. The noise levels subsided almost instantly. I quietly shoved my notebook into my backpack, wincing guiltily as the zipper decided to become the loudest noise in human history.

"I would like to have a private word with the participants of my Internship Program," Tony requested seriously, "Please meet me at the stage steps. You know who you are."

"Huh? What does he want with us now?" I muttered. Ned was fangirlling beside me.

"You guys get to talk to Tony Stark!" He whispered excitedly.

"Yeah yeah, come on," Michelle steered Ned deliberately towards the door, sending an amused look back over her shoulder.

"Uh, see you later, Ned?" Peter called uncertainly. He looked at me. I shrugged. We made our way towards the stage, shouldering through the thinning crowd with a lot of mumbled apologies.