《20》Disney's Best Princess

(Song: On Top of the World - Imagine Dragons)

Tia's POV

"How do you two know each other?" Shuri pressed, raising her eyebrows curiously. She was still fiddling with some technological device, apparently not even needing to pay full attention to what she was doing.

"Uh, long story?" Steve muttered sheepishly.

"Aww come on!" Shuri complained.

"He broke up with Tony because he got Bucky back, then Tony got jealous and a whole bunch of us had a cat-fight in an airport!" I piped up helpfully.

"So THAT'S what my brother was wrapped up in?" Shuri laughed. Steve buried his face in his hands, cheeks burning scarlet.

"It wasn't like that...!" He mumbled.

"Okay, so there were a couple other factors... But I just gave her the simplest run-down of what happened!" I shot back. Steve was trying to suppress a grin. Aren't I a little ray of sunshine, ha! ...Wow I'm a horrible person. 

"Wait, so... If you guys all fought... Did anyone shoot Captain America in ze legs because he shield is the size of a dinner plate...?" Shuri demanded eagerly, electing to leave out the last part of the joke so as not to offend Steve.

"Yes! It was hilarious!" I swivelled to face her happily, "I wish I'd recorded it! ...But, y'know, I was kinda busy trying not to get punched in the face or something."

"Oh, yeah... It sucks when that happens..." Shuri agreed, nodding wisely.

"I don't get it, first it was you and the Spider kid laughing about that... And now Sam won't shut up about it?" Steve said, obviously confused, "Is it some reference I'm not familiar with?"

Shuri and I started giggling evilly at the totally innocent look on his face.

"Should we tell him?" Shuri snickered.

"Depends. Do you know about the 'Vine' app? You can get it on phones and stuff," I directed the question at Steve.

He shook his head, no, "I have a flip phone... I don't think so..."

"Nevermind then!"

"...Huh?"

Shuri and I exchanged amused glances. Steve had pulled out his little notebook and was now adding 'Vine' to his list of things to catch up on.

"Come to think of it..." He remarked, "That Spider kid. How's he? I feel a little guilty about dropping that massive airplane ramp on him."

"He's fine. Just some bruising," I reassured the light-haired male. He nodded, a flicker of relief flashing through his eyes.

"Where are Sam and Natasha now, Steve? I mean, you're here right now, so, where are they?" I inquired breezily.

He frowned sternly at me, relief vanishing instantaneously as he slipped his trusty notebook back into his pocket, "How do you know I'm even travelling with them?"

I flipped my hair dramatically, "I know a lot of things."

Shuri snorted, "Preach, sister. Preach."

"Oh, no, I'm dumb as a rock!" I corrected her, "I suck at maths and physics and stuff like that. I'm just well-informed on certain other matters! Plus, Steve, you mentioned Sam before."

Mental reminder to throw my fangirl side a celebratory party for remembering all these MCU details.

"Still knowledge!" Shuri shrugged, gaze flicking back to the small device she was playing with. I beamed back up at Steve. He exhaled.