《4》I'm a Fire Noob. Yay!

Tia's POV

I decided that trying to set my hand on fire with long sleeve (and flammable, may I add) pyjama shirt wasn't the smartest idea. The hem of my right pyjama sleeve was already slightly singed from my 'WTF' moment when I had woken up earlier, and I didn't find the idea of accidentally setting the rest of my pyjamas on fire very appealing.
So I had fished around in my room (hoping to find an ensemble that wasn't burnt in some place or another, which proved to be very difficult). Eventually (after a full HOUR of searching, I mean, come on seriously?) I managed to find some undamaged articles of clothing (thank goodness).

I was wearing a plain tank top, denim jeans and leopard-pattern converse shoes. Plain, but practicable. (I had also found a scarlet jacket, but I was NOT risking accidentally burning it to a crisp, so it was now draped over the arm of the couch).

Generating fire at will was harder than I expected. I stood in the middle of the room (as far away from anything I could potentially set on fire unintentionally) with my hands outstretched in front of me. I was privately thankful no one else was there, as I probably looked like I had really bad constipation (based on my scrunched up facial expression).

"C'mon fire... You were totally happy with popping up earlier..." I muttered. I had absolutely no idea what on earth I was even doing, but I was basically just thinking of every fantasy novel I had ever read, and was trying to imitate what the characters did when they, too, were complete newbies with their magic. Pretty much just picturing the fire around my hand.

Shut up, at least I'm trying.

"I hope this becomes easier..." I groaned (after a full five minutes of straining my brain). Sighing, I flapped my hand around, hoping that this would help. Then, I went back to my (pretty pathetic looking) attempts at generating fire.

"Hey, Friday? Got any tips on how I'm supposed to be doing this?" I asked unenthusiastically after another ten minutes.

"My apologies, no."

"...Do I look like an idiot?"

"Yes."

"Gee, thanks."

"You are very welcome!"

I flung my arms up and muttered, "That was sarcasm. Come on, fire! Stop trying to screw me over here!"

I thrust my palm outwards again, and to my relief (and total surprise), amber flames sizzled into existence around my outstretched fingers.

"WOAH," I grinned (after picking myself up from the floor... I totally didn't trip over my own feet from shock, why would you even think that?). I marvelled at the flames dancing around my fingertips.

Don't try this at home, kids.

A simulated clapping noise effect played.

"Thanks, Friday?" I chuckled awkwardly, "I guess I just have to get used to making the flames, now?"

The clapping effects faded out slowly.

After four hours, (FOUR HOURS?! I DON'T EVEN SPEND THAT LONG ON STUDYING! ...That's probably why my grades suck), I could finally generate small-ish bursts of fire (and keep them there) around both of my hands at will.

Off to my left, the TV was playing re-runs of the show 'Avatar; The Last Airbender'. I remember loving it as a child, and who knows? I may even pick up some flame-related tips! I don't even remember when Friday put the TV on... AI's must get bored.