《13》Raging Flames, Part I

(Song: Whatever It Takes - Imagine Dragons)

Tia's POV

"They're here," I announced, crouching as low to the roof as I could to avoid being seen by the approaching group, "They're all geared up, too."

"Alright, team," Tony's voice said grimly through the earpieces, "You know the drill. Peter, Tia, you two wait for my signal."

"Aye aye!" Peter's voice responded immediately.

"Will do!" I grinned.

I watched silently as Tony and Rhodey took flight, leaving T'Challa and Natasha on the ground. Steve was the first to arrive- he was an enhanced super soldier, of course he could run fast. From high above, I saw Tony shoot an electronic device at the helicopter Steve was close to. The device latched onto the metal and sent electric waves dancing across the surface.

Steve stopped, grimacing. Tony and Rhodey quickly zoomed down from their refuge in the sky.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport..." Tony remarked sarcastically, "You think that's weird?"

"Definitely weird," Rhodey agreed. I snorted, having to cover my mouth to muffle the laughter. Five-year-olds! Actual five-year-olds!

There was a silence from the earpieces and I sat back on my heels. Steve must be talking...

Another figure launched itself from behind a trailer, landing softly near the small group- T'Challa had joined the conversation.

"Anyway, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in... That was 24 hours ago," Tony's voice continued, his distant figure strolling around closer to Cap', "Can you help a brother out?"

Another pause.

"Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday!"

This whole thing is just misunderstandings and relationship problems! I thought distractedly to myself.

"Steve... You know what's about to happen..." Natasha's voice jerked me back to reality. In the brief time I had been lost in my own thoughts (again), Natasha had approached the small group, "Do you really want to punch your way out of this one?"

"Dude, if he punches me, I'm going to set his hair on fire..." I whispered. Peter snorted, but otherwise stayed silent.

"Alright, I've run out of patience," Tony's voice decided, "UNDEROOS!"

"YES, PETER! WHOOP!" I cheered, then realised I was dancing around like an idiot and dropped to the roof once more, hoping no one had seen me.

"Why," T'Challa muttered at me through the earpieces as Peter flipped out from his hiding spot, expertly snatching away Steve's shield and webbing his hands together at the same time.

"Nice job, kid," Tony complimented.

"THAT WAS AWESOME!" I added.

"Please stop talking..." T'Challa told me.

"Thanks! Well, I could have stuck the landing a little better... It's just a new suit- wait, it's nothing, Mr. Stark! It's perfect, thank you!" Peter babbled.

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation..." Tony's voice sighed.

"Okay... Uh, Captain," Peter saluted, "Big fan! Spider-Man-"

Tony cut across the younger boy's words before he could start ranting again, "We'll talk about it later, just... Good job."

I was rolling around on the roof laughing.