《9》Hiding in Plain Sight

(Song: Eye of the Storm - Watt White)

(Me when I realise I haven't updated on my schedule: oh sHIT)
(Sorry, it's been a rough couple of weeks)
(boom have some fanfiction)

Tia's POV

"Excuse me, sir?" I asked awkwardly, tapping one of the security guards on the shoulder, "Which one of the monitors shows Sergeant Barnes?"

I've looked at practically all of them and they all look too similar for me to tell them apart. Plus, I can't remember what floor he's on...

The man swiveled around in his chair, an annoyed expression across his features. I recognised him as Stanley, the man who had shown us down here.

"Do you have Task Force authorization to be allowed access to that specific subject?" He drawled in a bored voice.

I was taken aback, "Uhh..."

"No?" Stanley challenged, "I didn't think so."

With that, he turned his back on me. I decided I didn't like Stanley. I stuck my tongue out at his back and retreated to my friendly set of stairs. Tony had disappeared a while ago, probably to go blow off some steam.

Steve was now back in the glass room, flicking through a handful of photographs. Sam and Sharon Carter had joined him, and the three looked to be in intense conversation. I kept my eye on them. Steve turned to stare up at a monitor screen in the corner with a worried expression. With a nasty lurch of my stomach, I realised that the monitor was displaying Bucky's holding cell... with a 'psychiatrist' sitting at a table before him. Zemo.

"Crap..." I murmured, half-rising to my feet, "He got here fast."

There was a popping noise, and the power went out, plunging the room into complete darkness.

"Shoooot!" I dug my phone out of my pocket and turned on the home screen, giving me at least a little light to work with. I bounded over to the glass room and nearly fell through the door, "STEVE, GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER, YOUR BOYFRIEND'S IN TROUBLE!"

"Aren't you that weird midget from earlier-?" Sam began to say. I ignored Sharon's weird spluttering noise at the prospect of Bucky being Steve's boyfriend. Stucky for the win, and you can't stop me.

"Sub-level five, east wing," The blonde-haired female managed eventually. Steve didn't even question any of it, sprinting out the door at top speed. Sam groaned loudly, and the two of us ran full-tilt after Steve.

I briefly heard Ross shouting orders out to 'get eyes on Barnes', but I knew by the time they got power back online, it would be too late. Glancing over my shoulder, I caught a glimpse of Natasha and Tony hurrying towards the glass area before we stumbled out of the room.

"What're we looking for?" Sam demanded.

"That man who was in the room with Bucky!" Steve shouted over his shoulder, skidding to a halt next to the stairs.

"His name's Zemo," I said helpfully, "You two go after Barnes, he's been brainwashed so he's back in Winter Soldier mode."

"Are you freaking kidding me..." Sam growled. Steve looked like he wanted to curse, and rushed down the stairs, taking two at a time, Sam close on his heels.

"Aaaand I'll probably fail in getting Zemo!" I cheered sarcastically. I jogged over to the window. Daylight was streaming in through the glass. After Cap' finds Zemo, Bucky comes out of nowhere and attacks him and Steve, allowing Zemo to get away. But where does he go to escape the premises?
I scanned the area outside the window. Everything seemed ordinary. Then, I saw an unmarked van pulling up next to the side of the building. That is not a Task Force vehicle. Pressing my face against the glass, I managed to just see the outline of what looked like a side door.