thirteen

real life & group chat

Alexa is always a mix of happiness and sadness when the final school day comes

Alexa is always a mix of happiness and sadness when the final school day comes. She's happy that her students will be going to the next level and will have fun making new friends and learning new things. But she's also sad because they'll be leaving, a group of children she came to love and know at their early stage of childhood.

But it's not always tears because the school she works at is K-12. Meaning that her students will stay in the same school so she will see them now and then. Of course there are those students that change schools but Alexa will always remember her students.

At the end of the year the kindergarten classes get together and have a little goodbye party. They play games, eat cupcakes, sing songs, give out small gifts and at the end they say bye. The parents take the opportunity to thank the teachers and get their children to take a picture with the teacher.

Alexa likes to make something for her students, so throughout the school year she takes pictures and collects small paper projects and makes a scrapbook. She spends her own money on the material and spends her free time making the scrapbooks. There's a lot of glue, glitter, stickers, paper, markers and other material that go into making the scrapbooks. Sure it takes a lot of time but Alexa enjoys making something that when the children are older, can look back to and remember all the fun they had and things they did. Alexa gives the scrapbooks to the parents of her students and they give her a gift as well.

Needless to say, Alexa returns home with flowers, gift bags, leis around her neck, a smile on her face and tears in her eyes.

That's how Alexa Park returned home after she said goodbye to her students that day.

"There, there, Lex, it's okay" Eugene awkwardly patted his sisters shoulder as she laid facedown on the couch, leaving Eugene to sit on the ground.

It's been nearly thirty minutes since Alexa returned home from school and it's always the same routine. She would place the gifts on the table and then throw herself on the couch and moan and cry because her "kids" are growing up. One of her roommates or Eugene are left with the task of cheering Alexa up.

"They're growing up!" Alexa lifted her head and cried.

"Yes, that's how it works. Children grow up" Eugene nodded. Alexa blindly moved an arm trying to whack her brother but she missed. Eugene laughed.

"They were so small and now they're... they're still small!" Alexa turned over now laying on her back.

"Oh Alex" Eugene sighed.

"I'm going to miss those kids" Alexa frowned.

"And I'm sure they'll miss you. Now Alex, please, we go through this every year"

"And it doesn't get easy"

"So let's go have some fun. It's Friday. Give me one of those leis and let's go out and have some drinks" Eugene didn't even let his sister say anything about going out because he was already calling out to Bria, asking her if she wants to go out.