Always, Amanda

[The Novel]

     When Amanda Byron impulsively sent letters through emails to her highschool ex-boyfriend, she half-expected to have received either a decent reply to her pertinent question or a simple brush-off, telling her to get lost; after all, her letters were eleven years too late. When after a while she never received any response, she chalked it up to the fact that maybe; he never did receive her mails. She did use an old address.

     Half-disappointed and half-relieved, Amanda went on with her life – or as she would put it in exact words: took a break from life and wondered how the hell to move forward to from her parents’ divorce, to second-guessing her stressful career, and the constant barging of her ex’s face into her dreams, all rolled into one misery of a giant roadblock that pushed her to a stop and tethering on the edge of her sanity.

     She quit her job, went to a retreat and travelled, leaving everything behind her. Four months later and wanting to start anew, Amanda went back home – to the place she grew up with. Only to find her ex’s letters, his answer to her pertinent question a few months back was waiting on her inbox. And behold, the man itself was there, at that same place she was in.

     Amanda was scared alright. Truth is daunting in itself. And indeed it was as Amanda grasped that after all that happened in the past – with the betrayals and heartaches – along with her father’s cheating on her mother and the divorce that followed that shook her faith with love, marriage and family, a startling realization hit her: the past is simply the past. It wouldn’t change her future as much as the present.

     Nonetheless, Amanda’s stubborn heart, after all these years, was still beating for the same man she wished she could just easily forget: Alexander Lopez III – especially at the point of him knocking at her door one midnight.

     Would their love story finally have a happy ever after this time around?

_____

This is the whole story I never planned on writing but well, here I am telling you guys to check out the expanded and continued story of Amanda and Alexander. I hope you guys like it!
Thank you!

-Niceya