chapter nine

"I still don't understand why you chose that username, Tord," Patryk scoffed, muttering under his breath.

"Yes," Tord replied, offering no explanation for his bizarre answer.

"Hey guys," Tom began, giggling, seemingly out of nowhere.

"Oh, god... what?" Edd sighed, already waiting for the cringey joke.

"I found out my girlfriend was cheating. How? I saw her on tinder."

Silence filled the call.

Finally, Tord spoke up, "You have a girlfriend?" The whole group burst out into laughter.

"No!" Tom whined, "You didn't get the joke, damnit."

"We did, it just wasn't funny," Matt offered, trying to sound reassuring.

"You guys are dicks," Tom muttered, crossing his arms and puffing his cheeks.

"Awh, don't act that way, Tom!" Tord spoke up, staring at him with a large dopey grin.

"What is he doing?" Jon piped up.

"Oh, you know, being a classic tsundere," Tord joked, poking Tom's shoulder. He returned the favor by kicking his leg lightly, though a small smile was making its way across his face.

"Hey..." he spoke up suddenly, "what's a tsundere?"

"Oh my god."

"Don't tell him."

"Jesus fucking Christ."

"This innocent cinnamon roll, too good for this world, too pure."

"Stop teasing me!" Tom whined, pouting, though he knew no one else except Tord could see him.

"Alright, guys, leave the Jehovah alone," Tord chuckled, and Tom watched him run his fingers through his hair. He smiled at Tord, and he smiled back, then Tord went back to playing on his phone. With half-lidded eyes, he began to take in Tord's features. He had tanner skin then Tom, along with reddish eyes, though he couldn't be sure. His hair stood up like horns, kind of like a monster. Tom closed his eyes, blanking out from the rest of the group. He would occasionally hear snip-bits of what they were saying, but he was to out of it to listen. His shoulders were pressed up against Tord's, which was his fault. He let out a small yawn, then drifted off to sleep.

————
"Oh!" Tord jumped, glancing at the head that fell on his shoulder.

"What happened?" Jon asked, seemingly worried.

"Tom fell asleep," he answered, chuckling. Tom's head was resting on his shoulder, eyes closed, looking very peaceful.

"Oh?" Patryk responded, seemingly interested. Tord quickly snapped a picture, blurring out Tom as much as he could without ruining it, and sent it into the groupchat.

"Can I, like, ship you guys now?"