chapter fifty-one

On this sunny, cold morning, snow was piling on the ground-- the perfect weather for snowmen.

Edd, with a hat, coat, and gloves on, was building one at the moment. He had twigs for arms, a scarf, coal eyes and mouth, a carrot nose, a top hat, and leaves for eyebrows.

Matt had been building a snowman, too. It was done by now. The snowman was the exact copy of Matt, except for mirrors for arms. "Aah, all done!" he said proudly. Looking at all the snowmen he had built of himself, he smile. "Maybe one more." He turned around, ready to build a new one, when he stopped. In front of him was a terrifying snow creature. A screature. It had ice for teeth, claw-like sticks for hands, and angry eyebrows made out of snow.

Then he saw Tom, who was patting the side of it. A finishing touch, one might say.

Then, a radioactive barrel fell right on it, plunging inside it, covering Tom's face with snow.

It began to glow purple, its eyes falling off and instead becoming a filter of purple light, its ice teeth growing larger and stronger. Then it roared, Tom's eyes widening a bit as the snow fell off his face.

"Holy lonely pony eating macaroni!" Tom gasped, watching as it bled purple. It roared again, sending purple goo showing over all the other snowmen... turning them alive.

"I'm alive... I'm alive!" Edd's snowman cheered. "I feel a song coming on!" Edd gaped, eyes widening and grinning. "Magical snowma-" The snowman was cut off when the screature stepped on it. It was dead.

The screature roared again, sending more purple goo his way. All three began to run toward Matt's snowmen, Matt hurriedly hiding behind one.

"I love your hair."

"Nice jacket!"

"Hey!"

All the Matt's compliments were overlapping.

"Save me, my wintery brethren!" the human Matt called.

"Snow way! You're on your own, buddy!" one called, beginning to leave.

"Yeah!"

"Yeah!"

They all began to leave. Then, they all walked into a fire-wood-place-thingy.

"Hey, does anyone else feel kinda... melt-y?"

The glass of the building broke from the pressure of the water.

The screature roared, Edd and Matt hugging each other desperately.

"Aaah! There's snow way outta this!" Matt cried. They began to grin.

"It was ice snowing you, Matt!" giggled Edd.

"Yeah!" Matt smiled. "We're gonna get... uhm... oh..."

"I'm gonna... sleigh you?" the screature joked.

"Aaah!" The duo smiled, giving the screature finger guns. Then it roared, Matt and Edd screaming in terror.

Then Tom casually strolled out on top of a snow tank, a top hat on as he sucked on a candy cane like it was a cigar. He glared at the screature, spitting out the candy cane. "Scrooge you."

"Huh?" Edd questioned in confusion.

"You know, like, Scrooge? From A Christmas Carol?"

"But it's not even Christmas!" Edd called, arms falling to his side.

"Ah, Scrooge you guys." He shrugged, hitting a button and blasting the screature. It exploded in a mass of purple goo, the duo running toward Tom.

"How'd you build that snow tank so fast?" Edd asked once he was next to the snow tank.

"Snow tank?" Tom questioned, confused. All the snow fell off, revealing an actual tank.

Edd shook his head, turning to Matt. "Do you ever think we put too much thawed into our puns?"

"Ahh, icy what you did there!" Tom chuckled.

"Guys, chill out, I've gotta write these down!"

As they continued talking, people were having the purple goo raining down on them... it was turning them into... zombies!