chapter fifty-two

Down in the deep blue sea, an even darker blue fish was swimming happily. That is, until it saw a large, orange fish with large teeth swim up to it. The blue fish's eyes widened as the orange fish opened its mouth wide and swallowed it. What the orange fish didn't know, however, was the fact that it was a puffer fish. The orange fish grew larger and larger until it exploded, the blue fish appearing and slowly sinking back down to it's original size, smug. Then, it got a scared expression, tried to run away, and slammed it's head into glass.

Did I say deep blue sea?

I meant deep blue fish bowl.

"Guys!" Matt yelled, gaping. "Sir Swimsalot just exploded!" He set the bowl down on his lap, grasping its sides. "Can we go fishing?"

"We just went fishing!" growled Tom, glaring at Matt, who sat in the backseat.

"Yeah... and we kinda got banned from going there ever again..." Edd replied, eyes focusing on the road.

"Why?" Matt asked desperately.

FLAAAAAAAAAAAASH BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

They all sat in a fishing boat, which sat in a crowded ocean or lake or something. Everybody had their reels in the water- when, suddenly-! Edd's began to tug!

He reeled in, and...!

It was an old boot.

Matt was reeling in his line as well, pulling out a green, human foot, letting out a noise of disgust.

Tom, on the other hand, apparently had a harpoon gun. He shot it out into the water, watching excitedly.

"Got one!" he cheered as the boat was lifted. He caught a whale that was underneath the boat. Apparently.

"Hey, that gigantic harpoon gun is an important member of this family!" Tom protested, staring at Edd.

"You sold the sofa to buy it!" he protested, narrowing his eyes.

"I'll harpoon us a new one!" Tom replied, pointing a thumb at himself.

"I'll harpoon you a new one..." Edd muttered angrily as they pulled up to their house, dragging the whale behind them.

Later, Tom was walking through the home, holding harpoons in his hands as he sang, "Harpoons, harpoons, they're better than spoons... harpoons, harpo-" Tom cut himself off when he noticed a dark intruder picking at one of the locks. He dropped all his harpoons except one, pointing it at the figure.

Tom gasped the moment he realized who it was. Edd peaked his head from the corner, gasping as well.

"Hello, old friend." Tord walked out of the shadows.

What the fuck-

Interesting.

"Tord!" Edd cheered, forcing the Norwegian into a hug. "Welcome back!" He pulled away.

"Welcome back!?" No one answered as Edd wrapped an arm around Tord.

"I hope you don't mind me letting myself in." Tord shrugged.

"No, not at all!" Matt chuckled. Then he squinted. "Who are you?"

Tord laughed slightly. "It's me! Tord...?"

"Uh..." Matt said gently.

"He used to live here...?" Edd reminded.

"Uh..."

"Yeah, used to!" Tom echoed angrily.

"Uh..."

"You... really don't remember?" Tord asked, tone soft. Matt squinted like he was trying to remember. Tom watched as Tord inspected the livingroom. "What... happened to the chairs?" he asked, glancing around.