chapter fifty

Edd and Matt stood at the end of their driveway, Tord in front of them. Edd had his arms crossed, and the trio were looking at each other sadly.

"Well... time for me to go," Tord said quietly, casting his gaze downward.

"We'll never forget you, Tord! Your or your memory eraser gun!" Matt lifted up the tool, pressing his head against it with a grin. "Ah, so many memories!" he cheered.

Edd, who was next to him, sighed. "I can't believe Tord is leaving." A bright flash of light hit the side of his face.

"Yes, Edd. I have to follow my dream and make it in the big city!" Tord sighed longingly.

Tom, smiling, grasped the memory eraser gun from Matt, who had somehow blasted himself with it. "Fine by me!" He began to walk away,

"Who... am I?" Matt asked gently.

"Goodbye, old friends..." Tord said wistfully, climbing into his car.

"I'm... not your friend." Tom crossed his arms defiantly.

"Goodbye!" Edd called, waving.

"Good luck!" Matt said, joining in with the waving.

"Good riddance!" Tom spat, rolling his eyes.

Tord backed into him with the car, the Brit toppling over, before speeding off in the opposite direction.

"Now that Tord's gone, how can we continue?" Edd asked.

They all paused.

"...Shall we start the next chapter now?"

"Yeah, okay," Edd responded.