chapter eighteen

Tord's POV

Six days. Six fucking days. Tom had told the truth six days ago, and today Tord would've been watching him move in with Matt and Edd, but no, he was lying. Lying! Not only that, but he had Tord's sweatshirt. Teeth clenched and fists balled up, he continued to pace around the room. Anger was swelling inside of him, thoughts of betrayal and hatred filling his head. Tom had made Tord care for him! Stupid, stupid, stupid, stup-

"Tord! Come out here!" Patryk's voice cut through his thoughts, voice urgent and a hint of concern creeping in. Tord left the kitchen, following the source to the livingroom. Patryk and Paul sat there, both wide-eyed, staring at the screen of the television. He brought his attention to it, too, and froze in shock.

"T-Tom?" he stuttered, watching the screen. "Turn it up!"

"Right," Paul gaped, dazed, raising the volume.

"-oy, Thomas Ridge, was called in as missing earlier today by his step-brother Mike, after disappearing almost a week ago. In fact, we have him and his father, David, ready to tell us what's going on!"

A young man joined the lady on the screen, and an older man standing to his left. The subtitles told Tord that the one on the left was David.

"It's really, really sad," Mike caste his gaze, swiftly touching his nose, to the ground before continuing, "He was a really good kid. Devoted his life to God, though it was obvious he had some problems at a young age."

"What do you mean?" the women acquired.

This time, David spoke up, rubbing the back of his neck, "I think it might've been because he was bullied. The poor kid never deserved it. But when he got into his... er, junior year, he started to threaten us. We lived in terror because we didn't want to fight back, ya'know? He was still our kid, and Mike's little brother."

"That's very honorable of you," she offered, as though she was trying to cheer them up. "Why didn't you call in for his disappearance earlier?"

"We assumed he ran away," Mike 'admitted', wiping a hand across his mouth before continuing, "He's done it before. But he's never been gone for this long."

"Turn it off," Tord growled, crossing his arms tightly as anger surged through him. Paul shuddered before slamming the power button on the remote, turning his attention towards the Norwegian.

"What do you think, Tord?" Patryk asked darkly, causing Paul to jump from his seat.

"What do you two have planning?" Paul asked slowly, looking back and forth at the pissed duo.

"They're lying," Tord barked, face contorted in rage.

"Oh, they're so fucking lying," Pat agreed, balling his fists.

"W-what? It sounded like they were telling the truth?" Paul questioned, staring quizzically.

"What are we going to do, sir?" Patryk asked, ignoring Paul.

"We're gonna break in."