HARRIS.

Feel free to skip this Chapter if you've already read the one shot.

———————

"Tan, what are you doing here?" Harris opens his door shirtless not expecting any company

"They're fighting again" Tan walks in leaving Harris at the door.

Shutting the door Harris turns to Tan feeling awkward "ok I guess I'll put a shirt on"

"You don't have to do that on my account" Tan grins

And Harris chuckles nervously "I'll be right back" then walks away.

"The place looks so clean!" Tan said dropping his bag and taking off his jacket

"Thanks! I finally hired a housekeeper!" Harris replies from the other room. After putting a shirt on he walks out to find Tan sitting on the couch texting "so what happened this time?" Harris stops at the couch keeping some distance between him and Tan

Putting his phone away he sighs "I don't know I got home from school and they were already going at it. They didn't even acknowledge me, at first it was entertaining but it got very real very fast so I had to get out of there"

"And you came here instead?"

"I always talk to you when they're fighting" Tan gets up facing Harris "you make me feel better"

"Yeah when we're at the office and your father my boss asks me to keep you busy, but now you're in my house with a bag, this is different"

"No it's not" Tan moves closer and Harris uncomfortably backs up "I took a bus and two trains to get here Harry"

"I know and I'm sorry you had to do that but I can't allow you to stay here, your father would not like that. Let me drive you home at least I'll know you're somewhere safe"

"And I'm not safe here with you?" Let me explain why the answer to that is a sweet and thoughtful no, Harris who works for Tan's father gets to spend a lot of time with Tan because of how much Tan likes to hang out at his father's office. Tan is very attractive and he knows it, Tan also knows how to get what he wants and he wants Harris. That wouldn't be a problem if Harris wasn't a 31-year-old lawyer working for Tan's father, a district attorney, and also the fact that Harris completely wants him too.

The attraction between them is unspoken but very visible, Tan makes Harris nervous and when Harris is around him it's hard to ignore Tan's passes and slight touches "of course you're safe with me but that's not the problem Tan, there's no reasonable explanation for you to be here that actually makes sense"

"What about the fact that my parents don't know I exist and you're the only person that understands me?"

"I'm happy to help you, Tan, anytime"

"Just not here?"

"Exactly, now can I drive you home?" Harris turns about to go get his car keys

"Wait" he feels his hand between Tan's hands "do you really not want me here?"

Turning back his heart speeds up as his hand is held tight by Tan "no that's not- this isn't- its just not..." the sentences are cut short

"A good idea?" Harris nods yes and Tan lets go "why not Harry? You're my friend right?" Tan stops talking and waits for Harris's agreement, and Harris nods "and friends help each other in need. I need you" Tan gets sad "I can't go back there, they were screaming at each other. My mom started throwing shit, and one hit me. The worst part is they didn't even stop to see if I was ok, I wasn't ok" lifting his shirt Tan shows Harris a mark on his hip "it was the remote"