chapter no 5: "It will be fun playing with you."

Other class went good I also made another friend 'Fatima. She is so sweet and laughs a lot. She is also half Pakistani.I had many Pakistani friends before the incident. I could feel the gloomy clouds overcasting me. Sweet memories rashed back and it was pure torture that every slightest thing that happened, was off the top of my head.

"I win! I win! I winnnnn!" I air pumped my fist, I turned around and stuck my tongue out at my friend 'Maria'. It was the fifth time that we raced and I won.

"That's not-" she waited to take a breath. "fair. You-" her hands were on knees, she took a pause to inhale some air. "You run so fast."

I chuckled on viewing her labour to breathe in a normal phase. "Seriously, you are a fast runner. What if you let me win next time, and in order to do that I will give something in return." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"No! It's wrong. And I will never-"

"What about baryani!" She excitedly clapped her hands on her new found idea.

"I will think about it." I brought my hand to my chin in the process of thinking.

"Once in every next 3 weeks?" She offered.

"That does it.Woman. now we have a deal of worth." I brought my hand forward.

"Deal." we shook hands.

"Now I have to convince my mother on it. If she like the idea you will get brayani but if not." She paused, her face twisted into horror.

"Then you will eat my roasted meat." She predicted knowing the consequences of her mother's anger.

"I agree with you on that. I hope that your mom will cook brayani for your funeral, if you are going to have one." I said abruptly, trying to hide my mockery manner, masking it with a serious face.

"What!?" Her jaws fell, "You think-" she wouldn't complete her sentence.

As I failed miserably in attempt to control my laugh and I burst out laughing at her shocked reaction. I clutched my stomach and laughed heartily. Whistle she had a poker face.

A light chuckle left from my mouth. She was my best friend, we always use to play together. By we I mean me, Ali, Maria. But now I have none of them neither Ali nor Maria. I am all alone once again.

Only by the thought of it I lost my smile. I will heal but it will take time. I have hope, I am not disappointed from the mercy of Allah. I collected as much as courage in could, it was enough for surviving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went to cafeteria and saw Caroline sitting on a empty table waiting for me. I waved at her. So did she do too. I texted Fatima asking why she was late.

As I finished taking my food. Me, Caroline and Fatima sat on a table. "So what happen when I left." Caroline asked as she rolled her finger on her hairs. "Nothing special." I said not giving her details.

"Here" Jessica said as she put a bundle of papers on our table." Rule number one. You have to do my homework and also of mine friends."

She said with smirk on her face. She alway smirk, when she see me, but I will wipe that Smirk out very soon. She waited for me to a say something. But I didn't I have plan otherwise.

"You better do all the homework and assignment by tomorrow. And no excuse. Or I will be your worst nightmare." She doesn't know about my nightmares.

She walked away. "How do she think herself is? She can't boss you around. You have to speak up for yourself. Or they will treat you worse." Fatima said with concern spread all over her face.