28: The King

Alina rushed downstairs, passing corridors, taking turns, muttering apologises occasionally when she accidentally bump into people.

She reached auditorium door, rugged breathing, a hand on the wall, standing on the threshold, her eyes roamed the auditorium's hall in search of a blonde platinum hair girl -- her best friend -- Caroline.

Caroline had messaged Alina about the emergency, and asked her to come immediately, the auditorium was busy than usual, lots of students strolling about, some in groups, taking eagerly.

Her eyes soon spotted an impatient Caroline pacing, crossed arms fixed on her chest, glancing at her wrist watch from time to time. Within small distance, Fatima was standing there, dark circles, pale skin, wavy dark hairs, her eyes blank of any emotions, she looked like she wasn't even there.

Alina huffed, she didn't see any danger, what was the emergency for, she made her way towards her. Caroline hugged her, squeezing the life out of her.

"And where's the emergency." Alina asked, then greeted Fatima with a light huge.

"Oh look around, the whole auditorium is an emergency today" she squeaked, a permanent grin sewed on her face.

"What do yo - "

"Today is auditions!" Caroline grabbed Alina's and Fatima's wrist in her both hands, dragging them along.

"Like every year, this year too, there going to be NDF. Noval Departments Formation, according to it, fill form, give auditions and then you are in, but selection by votes. The campaigns formed throughout the year are going crazy, like crazy!" She stopped at a vest round metallic table, decorated with art of papers scattered around.

She picked up two printed papers and shoved them at Alina's face,
"And you wroked upon the bullying campaign! so I thought you would make it something big. You know the power thing - " she kept on blubbering.

"Caroline,  I can't." Alina sighed, and realised who often she have been sighing.

"Why not, you haven't even tried it"

"Ah, look what we have here," a high pitched feminist voice echoed, "a criminal. What are you doing here, trying to steel again."

"Unlike other's we are here for some actual work."

"Oh, then who is going to participate," she snided, "You!" She pointed at Alina and laughed.

"Yes, everyone have a right to participate, it's a fair programme." Caroline said defensively.

"Indeed everyone, but criminals are not included." Jessica waved at them and flipped the files in her hands, she went across the table and sat on a blue velvet chair situated opposite of to the stage.

There was two other chairs, which were also fancied majestically. Then it hit Alina, Jessica was one of the judge.

"That's not --" Caroline began to protest but Alina tugged on her wrist.

"Let's go, it's not wroth it." Alina muttered, pulling both of them with her.

"No! Be it winning or losing, things will happen as destinated, we have to try." Fatima finally spoke, earning spark of grins from her two best friends.

•°•°•°

"No criminals." Jessica said faltly after reading Alina's name on the top of form. She toppled the paper with fling of her finger, discarding it on the table.

"We all know that she didn't commit a crime." Caroline was now shouting, gathering unwanted audience.

"The authorities have declared her as one, so if you excuse me, I have other work to do." Her voice was calm like a professional, a pinch of irritation in it.