chapter no 7: "Try to give your best shoot."

ALINA'S POV:

"Booo!!" I said to Fatima in her ear while she was reading something with full concentration, her eyebrows were furrowed.

She screamed and stumbled back. I laughed clutching my stomach, her expression was hilarious, wide eyes open mouth. When she saw me, she sighed in relieve. "You scared the hell out of me......Don't do that ever again." She warned me. She rufflef dark brown hairs and I noticed the paper she was reading. It wasn't printed but hand written by black ink.

"What's that?" I pointed toward the paper in her hand.

"That's nothing." She shoved it quickly into her bag. Preventing me to see anything.

"What do you mean by nothing....ohhh I understand!!!" A grin made its way to my face. I stretched my words. She raised her eyebrow asking her unspoken question.

"It's a love letter isn't it? Huh? Huh?" I wiggles my eyebrows. But she didn't even blush. Instead she had a pinch of sadness in her eyes. What's wrong with her.

"I wish it would be." She held her head down. She was upset and she couldn't even mask it.

"what happened?. Why Are You So Upset." I kept my hand in her shoulder.

she shrugged. " there certain points in life, that if everything is crystal clear, but still one can't understand 'what's going on.' And I am at that specific point I don't know. I seriously don't know what's going on." Her eyes began to well up and was filled with unsheded tears.

"Maybe You can understand, but you are purposely ignoring the fact. Maybe you are not ready to accept things. But Fatima, if you dig your head in the sand, it will never make the trouble go but it make it more worse."

Fatima nodded processing my words. "I don't know" she mumbled under her breath.
"If you have something to talk about then I am all ears." She passed me a tight smile. But stayed quiet, I didn't pushed her further.

***********************

"you have been grinning for complete one minute. What's up." I asked Caroline with amuse look.

"Guess what?" She asked widely grinning. "What" I also had a smile plastered on my face. Smile is very contagious.

"I......finished my English assignmenttttttt!!!!!" She extended her sentence. "look here it is." She did a little victory dance.

I chuckles at her action.

"Really.... what's new in it." I gave her mockery bored expression.

"Duha. I finished it without anyone's Help. Do you know how hard it was." She wiped her imaginary sweat. I chuckled and decided to play along. "Oh I see."

I lifted my hand in air. "Today's headline. Ms. Caroline James have finally in million years finished her assignment." She chuckled and shooked her head.

"So Ms. James" I turned my hand into fist and pretended to catch a mike.

"So did any unknown ardent make into you and you accomplish a task which is contrary to you. " I wiggled my eyebrows pretended to be confused.

"Well it was very tough but than a bizarre spirit came to me and said. 'Oh good soul...If you don't finish your work....your friend is Going to kill you with her ridiculous and scoffy comments."' She said in a old witch voice. I burst out laughing and clutched my stomach.

"Okay.....I lose. no one can defeat you in.." I was going to continue. But teacher came in.

"Class" everyone's attention was to her now. "All of you will give the assignments at the end of your last class "