44: Snap

Dark Sky shimmered with tinge of  velvety pink, traced by Northern lights.

It mirrored the taint which was slowly smearing over Damien's cheek, his neck, and the shell of his ears.

His mind had brushed off all sensibilities, when Mavi texted him to meet again.

Now dangling besides her, made his world go mush, they had met in an alley, without an exchange of word, Damien followed her blindly, struggling with his own stupid reactions.

Mavi finally sat on benched, outside of a closed shop, facing the cobbled road,

Damien as he was suppose to sat beside her, the old wooden creaked under his weight.

Perhaps it was nothing to Mavi, but Damien was burning up, they met twice in a day, under daylight in a café and below the shades of murky sky, on a bench in an unknown street.

Two dates in a day,

Ah, it had to be his dream.

Dream soon to be transfixed  into nightmare.

"Who are you?"

He hardly noticed, the widly change in his demeanour;  gloss from his joy, dimmed to shades of confusion. 

"What?" He asked, bewildering by her stern words, "don't you already know?"

He started into her eyes, which by some fortune, not down casted, but ferocious blue clashed his lush green.

"Huh," she scoffed, scrunching her pointed nose, "a boy, whose childhood was ripped, shattered in front of him," she raised an finger, accusingly pointing at him, "A boy wearing tattered soul, withering for human contact," she pressed her slender digit in her chest, looming forward, "Who claims, he knows love,"

Fire, itself would burn in flame of her words, heated wibes flinged off her, an undertone of grief desperately lingering over the edge. 
Words silently flowed under his skin, vigorously burning fibers and tissues. His eyes felt hot, but now he was quite familiar with hand with clenched his heart in a deadly grip,

For painful moment he stared at her, pursing his lips, hazed by his agony he stiffed, Mavi's hard gaze didn't fluttered.

She waited,

For his pain to sling into rage and for anger to switch into loathe, and for his abhor to engulf his love.

And in due time it happened, Damien snapped, clearing his daze, he plunged for revenge, his chest vibrated, as he growled, gripping Mavi's neck, his nails scratching the fiber of her scarf, almost tearing the fiber.

"You dare insult me," he felt satisfied after hearing her gasp, he pressed harder blocking her windpipe, "take back your words before I take your life."

Her wide eyes rolled back, mouth agap, hands pushing his chest, he pressed harder, her breath flickered,  hands raising to claw on his face.

Tears crawled up her eyes, face flushed red, body withering under his hold.

He suddenly released her, settling back in seat, wind whizzed, car raced down the road, passerby trolled on thier, nuzzled in their heavy coats, his eyes darting on his surrounding, to his pleasance, no one noticed their brief argument. 

Mavi on the other hand was vigorously coughing, shoulders sagged, continuously oscillating with a rhythm, her body squealed as she breathed in, tears driped on her lap.