25: My wife.

Damien sat on the stone bench, his eyes roamed over the halls, hollow dark hall, cement stained walls, he didn't understand how his legs carried him here,

this was the place where, they use to get trained, boys and girls varying from age and strength. And Mavi was an example, lesson for all of them.

The chilling winter wind hit him, ruffled through his raven black hairs, it stirred forgotten memories, which deep buried by the dust of time. These walls were the sole witnesses of the growing relationship of Mavi and Damien.

Mavi

Her name was like a whispered but it did things to Damien which he have never imagined. Damien clinched his hands into tight, pinched eyes shut, hitched breathing, his heart jerked involuntary.

After many years, still his heart breath only for a girl, who have stolen it, broked it, scattered in tiny pieces and then she walked away.

"Eyes on her," Damien heard the bulky trainer yelled and yanked a girl by her arm standing next to Damien

"Anyone of try to run, then you will be the next lesson." The man shouted at the rows of young children, they all were afraid and terrified. After all this was the goal of lesson.

The whooping sound ripped through the air as another whip made connact with Mavi's back. Damien gritted his teeth. He didn't even release the tear which silently rolled down his cheek.

There was Mavi in the front, lashed over and over again, because she tried to run for the 3rd time in a week. Her arm were hung up by rope, her back ripped, as thier trainer whipped her.

Her head hung low, hairs sliding down by her shoulders, groaning when thick lash hit her.

"If you repeat your act, I repeat your lesson for your entire life." Elijah said with a smirk.

Alina raised her head, despite the cold, her body was covered with blood and sweat, a hollow grin spread on her face, than she chuckled bitterly.

"I won't be here for long time," her voice was sharp and empty of any emotions, "you are afraid of me," she glared at Elijah, her voice rasing, "I am going to break free and your puppets won't be able to find me."

"No one escapes." Elijah's gaze hard and glared children in the hall. He gesture the man to hit again.

"Stop it!" Damien found himself yelling and rushed foward to Alina, he threw his body on Alina. And got the lash for her.

"A romeo, interesting," Elijah smirked, "lash the rebel out of them!"

That was the day when the girl with striking blue eyes, gave a name to Damien. She looked at Damien, a dizzy smile on her lips.

"Zia." She whispered.

"Mavi" Damien nodded briefly and returned the faint smile.

They were lashed till their body gave up, but the fury raised, and Damien didn't even released when they were beginning binded by unseen string.

Damien 's phone ringed, snatching his attention back to present.

"I have got the papers." A manly voice came from another side.

"Bring them to me tomorrow." Damien said and ended the call.

"Be ready Blue, things are going to get dirty."

°•°•°•°

Alina was drowned in her own strom of thoughts, she felt numb sitting outside against the wall of masjid, the sound of recitation, and hush chattering of people were blocked by thick walls, Alina didn't dare to go inside.