22 • Captain

"Sir! Sir! Please stop right now!" You say in a loud voice as the man stopped and looked to you.

The dog stopped growling as well, yet his fangs were still visible.

"Yah. And who are you? Do you own this rodent?" He pointed the rod in your direction.

"Y-yes, sir. I own that dog. You do not have the right to hurt him."

The guy then inched towards you. He drops the rod on the ground. You twisted his arm as soon as it felt your cheek, but instead of him being inferior, his blade which was now parallel to your neck became superior.

The three stepped in as they saw the scene before them. "Y/N ah!"

"I'm fine, sirs. Please calm yourselves. Ahjussi, please put the blade down.." you say as he hesitantly pulls the knife away from you.

You both then hear the sounds of a police siren ringing loudly by the area.
As the blade went farther from you, you rushed to the safe side were the three men were, only resulting to get the flesh on your upper leg sliced.

"Atch!" You reacted as you felt the cold air blow into it. You held onto your fresh wound tightly, applying pressure.

"Y/N ah!" The three rushed to your aid. They put the paper bags on the side and supported you on your waist and shoulders.

"This is nothing. The police is coming so you don't have to worry."

The man was about to run away when the police reached his pitiful state. He was handcuffed and one of the police men saw you.

"Sr. Supt. Park Y/N?" He scanned you a few times before straightening his posture out to salute. You whispered, "I'm fine," to the boys before they stood you up. You saluted back.

"Y-you're wounded! We must bring you to the hospital now!" You held a palm out.

"I'm fine. I know how to treat myself. It's just a minor wound." You smiled. He nodded with hesitance.

"Anyways, we're going to need to go back to the station. Take care on the way back."

You nodded as they left. It turns out that the guy who kept beating the dog up had been sued for a couple more cases for animal cruelty, and the police had trouble finding him.

Thanks to you he was now finally arrested. You looked at where the dog was earlier and he was still there, crouching behind a few garbage bins.

"Y/N ah." You gestured at Taehyung to wait as you slowly crept up to the dog. He started growling.

"Shh. Shh.. it's safe now." After a minute of calming the dog down, he finally stopped growling, giving you the chance to lift your palm up to its nose.

It sniffed it a few times, and in no time you were able to carress its head gently. "Do you want to come with me? I'll treat you."

The dog went out of its hiding place and sniffed you a few times. He did the same with the three men.

You smiled at the sight wherein Taehyung carressed the dog on its head too. You couldn't even feel that you had an open wound.

"So, let's go?" You say.

"Y/N ah, you'll have a hard time walking. I guess I'll have to carry you then." The three said on their own, but it turned out to be in unison. Thy looked at each other oddly.

"I'm fine. I can still walk."

"How can we help you then? Are you sure you can walk home?" Jimin asked.

"Please carry that paper bag for me. And yes, I'm sure I can." You replied as you slowly lifted the dog with your arms.

You all started walking home.

___

"What should I call him?" You asked the three as they surrounded the dog. You just finished bandaging him and giving him support.

He was a belgian malinios, a beautiful, strong breed which was also found in the military and police force.

"Cookie." Jungkook said.
"Cuty." Taehyung replied.
"Mochi." Jimin responded.

"Are you Cookie?" The dog kept quiet. "Cuty?" He was still under silence. "Mochi?"

You thought for a while. "Captain?" The dog lifted his head up and barked at the moment of hearing you.

You repeated the name. "Are you Captain?" The dog barked again in response. "Captain it is then."

Taehyung then yawned. You looked up at him then stood up. "It's time to rest. Let's go."

You led the three to their respective rooms.

___

A month later

"Captain, jump!" The dog followed as you led him out towards the end of the obstacle course.

A canine training grounds was built in beside BTS' dorm. It took almost a month to get finished. And now, you can comfortably take captain on for training.

He was fully healed in a just two weeks, and your wound was the same. The pants you wore that night turned out to be ripped jeans.

Turns out, he was a former police dog, but in the Daegu stations. He was left out since his sniffing days were over. He couldn't smell bombs nor firearms anymore.

No wonder why he can follow up to those other K9s early in the morning. He can jump on fences, climb stairs with ease and run very fast.

He was superior to the other dogs. You decided to keep him since he could help with you guarding the seven idols. You also have already developed a bond with him.

You patted Captain's head after giving him a bowl of water. You then felt two hands on your shoulders.

It turned you around gently to face its owner. Taehyung.

"Y/N ah, it's been a month since my confession, right?"

You held onto Captain's leash. "Yeah. Why?"

He gulped before replying,"Can I atleast have dinner with you tonight?"