30 • Warmth in Winter

You rub your palms together in a fast motion to create friction. You placed them on you cheeks and everywhere you felt freezing. There was no sign of Taehyung and twenty-four hours has passed.

You kept warming yourself and there was nothing on your mind of thoughts but worries.

He told you he'll just get a few things and he'll be back before you know it, but it seems as if he had already broke that promise. You lied down on the small bench by the building's front.

You kept ruffing Captain's fur and that made you calm yourself. It was almost winter.

Captain was about to stand up when you patted his head. "Just a few more minutes, okay?" The dog lied back down in his previous position.

"Even the dog knows what's right." You looked up to see Jimin in comfortable, warm clothing. It was in layers and he was holding a spare jacket in his hand.

You only wore a shirt at that time so you were freezing. He handed you the jacket and you had it before saying, "Thank you."

You sat up in the bench as Jimin did the same exactly beside you.

"Captain, go in." You gave the dog instruction as he went in the other building, searching for warmth and shelter. Your breathing got heavier by the minute as you stood out in the cold for so long.

You then felt warmth across your nerves once Jimin hugged you.

"It's Taehyung, right?" Your eyes widened at his sudden question. You hesitated before slowly nodding. It was sure that he felt you small response as you also knew there was this smirk plastered on his face.

"Why do you have to wait for him here? Why can't you just do it inside?"

JIMIN'S P.O.V.
Two minutes has passed and she hasn't given any reply after what I said. I offended her maybe... I couldn't feel her breathing.

"Y/N ah. Y/N ah," I lifted her up to see her face. She seemed... asleep, until I checked her breathing. She wasn't.

"Y/N ah! Y/N ah wake up!" I tap her cheek gently but her consciousness won't show up. I quickly carried her into inside our building and headed to the clinic.

___

YOUR P.O.V.
Your eyelids opened slowly, seeing the bright iris of light in the room. It was the clinic, perhaps.

You didn't even know something happened. It was just as if you fell asleep for some time. You looked around to see Taehyung and Jimin talking outside the tall door.

Taehyung is safe.

You tried standing up but you failed. Every joint in your body seemed to be in pain, everything was aching as well as your head. Even simply moving yourself around hurts a lot.

Jimin and Taehyung...they looked so serious while talking. Jimin left at the end of their conversation with disappointment written on his face. Taehyung then looked at you and he rushed to get inside.

"Y/N ah, you're safe! Are you okay now? Do you feel fine now? Tell me if there's something anything wrong or everything hurts-"

You disregarded all the pain from sitting up as soon as you made body contact with Taehyung. Feeling his warmth just made you feel alive and safe and you never, even once, did feel that way with Jimin.

You kept him in your embrace as you said, "Everything hurts. Everywhere hurts. My head, my joints, my throat, everywhere. But stay with me and I won't feel anything but you."

TAEHYUNG'S P.O.V.
I felt my eyes widen at the moment of hearing that. I was supposed to scold her but she's been through so much in the cold waiting for me, I couldn't possibly do that.

She had a fever in addition. Even if I didn't touch her forehead or neck, her temperature penetrated through me.

"S-saranghae. Don't ever make me worry like that."

My heart melted from her words. She lets go of the hug and I used the opportunity to plant a soft kiss on her forehead.

I put in a little bit of distance between my lips and her face as I said, "Mianhae. I won't ever worry you again. I'm sorry. Promise me you won't do that again too, okay?"

She nodded in response. I felt contented and happy with this moment between her as I knew everything would lead to a trustworthy relationship.

___

"Y/N ah, here. Take a sip of this soup I made." I told her before she took a sip from the spoon. Her temperature went down after a two days and the run has been good lately.

"It tastes great. You cook better than me." I chuckle at her cute response.

___

Author's note
This is a short filler chapter since the story isn't following what my brain has planned. I'm updating as fast as I can so I can possibly complete this work before school starts.