35 • Truths

YOUR P.O.V.
Thoughts, moments and scenes of Taehyung and Jennie rushed through your mind as you encircled the cadet, eyes narrowed.

You gave a deep breathe before you cued, "Hana, dul, set!"

You rushed towards the other as you blocked a few of his attacks. Others were supposed to stab and some were supposed to slice.

Before you could predict what the enemy's attack was, Taehyung's face flashed onto your mind.

You felt a stinging pain on the side of your waist. You got sliced. You pressed onto it with your left hand, breathing got heavier as soon as you saw the blood.

You could hear Jungkook yelling in the background. "Stop! Someone already got wounded!"

You gritted your teeth as you tried your best to attack again, failing. Your action only resulted to another wound, on your knee this time. You immediately fell down from the pain.

You looked at the cadet who was about to stab you when another body came in between.

Jungkook.

"Stop. Isn't that your rule? If one gets wounded, you should immediately stop." You held on the wound on your waist. You felt thankful and pathetic at the same time.

The cadet had a pissed-off expression on his face. He casually moved on sideways passing through Jungkook and was offering a hand to help you.

You raised a palm to say 'Its okay' as Jungkook supported you by your back and held your hand.

You looked at the cadet with his head jung low as you said, "Good job, Lee."

He smiled. You tried helping yourself up instead of leaning on Jungkook but he just didn't budge. He kept resisting and forced you his help.

"Cadets," the trainees immediately stood up in position. "What have you learnt today?"

"I am a soldier. I should never rely on others. Others should be relying on me. My skill to protect myself and my woman is my skill to protect my country. Dan-kyeol!" You saluted back. You smiled before saying, "Dismissed."

JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V.
"Noona, come on. I'll go ahead and treat it." I asked, kind of more like a statement. She chuckled. "Do you know how to treat wounds?"

I could feel myself gulping. "I know a bit." Noona smirked, looking at afar. "Jungkook, it's okay. Do it out of good will and not of."

I look down. The statement she had just said; it applies not only for this time but for my whole life.

In time, we reached the medical quarters.

JIMIN'S P.O.V.
All this time, I was just silent. Ever since we went to this base camp, Y/N tried to reach out for me but I always pulled myself. I couldn't push her away.

It's been five years ever since that kiss. I still didn't know what that was for. That time was my most happiest, yet it has also been the saddest.

I don't want to forget Y/N. I'm willing to let go if she doesn't reach out anymore since I know that Jungkook shows her more affection.

___

November, 2025
TAEHYUNG'S P.O.V.
"Look at these, Jagi! They look amazing!" Jennie held several invitations on her hands. Each one had a specific theme and an interesting color combination.

"Yeah, they look great!"

"Which one do you like? I like the gold and soft pink themed. Dark purple and black is great too, but it's kind of too vibrant up close."

I took a specific card that had been left out on the desk. It was simply white but there was the classy touch of silver lace. "I like this one."

"Yeah! That's classy. I haven't noticed that one. If you're happy, then why don't we put in silver as the motiff." Jennie flashed a smile. That was one of her best features. Her smile.

She looked back at the collection of invitations, probably searching for a calling card. I bet she was about to call the one who made the invitation we chose.

As Jennie put the phone on her ear, I cupped her cheeks with both my hands and gave her a kiss. A kiss a gave Y/N under the rain.

Her hand retracted away from her ear back to it's position. At that point, I knew she also had her eyes closed and was feeling the action.

Don't get me wrong. I really love Jennie. I am not some guy who just uses other girls to move on from a previous broken relationship. I can proudly say that I had fallen for Jennie Kim.

If Y/N moved on from me, then I should move on from Y/N too.

___

Author's note
I'm so sorry for the short boring chapter. I've had so many ideas for the ending but I kinda lost them and the story's losing its direction. Writer's block is the literally the worst feeling for me 😑