back for more

- WARNING : ACTS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT, IF TRIGGERED PLEASE DON'T READ -

I dreamed of the prison that night. I dreamt of how happy we were until the Governor came back. Everything was just falling into place. Sure, the build up of walkers on the fence had taken a couple of our pigs and a lot of work, but things were OK. The only other major problem was the sickness we had went through.

--Flashback to the Prison--

A cough escaped my throat and echoed throughout the cell. I turned onto my side and looked at the concrete wall. Patterns started to appear and I squeezed my eyes shut. I was sick. There was no way around it. Multiple people have died from this sickness and I felt like I was nearing that fate. My hair stuck to my sweaty forehead and my body was clammy. But I was still freezing. I pulled the comforter closer to my body and let out a groan.

I heard the cell open and a chair was pulled up close to my bed. I heard someone sigh as they sat down. I opened my eyes and rolled over to face the person. Rick sat on a metal chair with his head in his hands. I didn't want him in here. He would get sick.

His eyes met mine and I weakly smiled. He smiled in relief and sat his hand on my arm. I blinked heavily and wheezed.

"You shouldn't be here. You'll get sick. Scat." I said smiling. I wanted company, but I didn't want to hurt anyone. He shook his head and squeezed my arm.

"When a family member is sick, I want to be there. No exceptions." He looked around the room and I frowned. I understood that, but I didn't want anyone getting sick no matter what. I rolled my eyes as best I could but it only looked like a flutter of my eyelids.

"Leave." I groaned and covered my eyes. I could hear him chuckle lightly. "Seriously. I'll be fine. I just need som-" I was interrupted by a hard cough. I tried to catch my breath but the coughs kept coming. I held my hand to my mouth and leaned over. I spit into my hand and it was red. Pure blood. I leaned over the bed and my eyes squeezed shut. I threw up on to the hard stone floor. It was just blood.

"Fuck." Rick said standing up. He ran to the cell door and looked around frantically.

I couldn't breathe and my lips were turning purple. My hands went to my throat and I grasped on. It felt like I was choking. Which I was, on my own blood.

"Hershel! Hershel!" Rick screamed. My body was thrashing on the small bed, sending the sheets onto the floor. Rick fled to the side of the bed and held my body down.

"Shhh, it's okay. Hey it's okay." He said holding me. His eyes were full of fear and I could hear Hershel coming. My eyes started to fill with black spots and I could feel my body weaken by the second.

"No no no no no stay with me. Don't leave. Please." Rick hovered above me and I started to fade. I was dying. Hershel came into the cell with Maggie behind and she covered her mouth at the sight. Tears started to fall from her eyes. Before I knew it, a tube was stuck down my throat and I saw black.

-- Flask forward to Sanctuary --

That day was one of the worst days of my life. I sat up in bed and looked around my small room. I sighed in relief that Negan wasn't here. I got up and noticed my shoes were off but I was still in my clothes from the day before. A small alarm clock sat on the table beside my bed and I squinted. It was 7 am. I yawned and stretched. My legs hung over the side of the bed and I stared ahead.

I was still super tired but I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep again. I felt a force against my bladder and I made my way to the bathroom. When I flicked on the light I saw a pile of clothes sitting on the sink and I decided to take a shower. Before I got in, I unwrapped my bandage. It was scabbed over and didn't hurt as much so I figured it could get wet. After I stepped out, I unfolded the clothes and put my dirty ones in the basket in the corner. The bra fit better this time thankfully. The clothes smelled like fresh air and I smiled to myself. The stack of clothes contained a maroon sweater, black skinny jeans, the same boots from yesterday, underwear, and a pair of socks. How many pairs of skinny jeans did they have?