broken walls

Negan was staring at me angrily, his chest heaving up and down. Fuck. I totally spaced the whole pregnant thing. I hadn't even taken a test yet, but Fletcher's kick to my stomach yesterday most likely took care of the problem.

"You're pregnant?!" He seethed angrily. His once soft eyes were swimming with fury. For the first time in a while, he scared me.

I sat up more in the bed while removing the sheets from my body. I was fully naked and I felt embarrassed for some reason. I grabbed my shirt from the ground and slipped it over my head, not realizing until it was on that it was actually his. Once my leggings were pulled up my legs, I turned to him.

"I don't know." I said nervously, steadying myself on the wooden bedpost. He scoffed.

I couldn't handle him not liking me. I had no one but him. I gave up my family to be with him and just killed my only friend for him. Who would I have left if he didn't want me? I mean, Tyler and Willow were here so that was a plus but did Tyler hate me too? He didn't act too impressed with who I chose to be with. Maybe he thought I was a monster. Would Negan completely find me unattractive if I was pregnant? I didn't see him as the type of guy to throw someone like me out on her ass for this but then again, I didn't know him as much as I thought I did.

"What the fuck do you mean 'I don't know'? How can you not know?!" He shouted deeply. I flinched at his words and clung on to the bedpost tightly. I swallowed dryly, forcing words to come out of my mouth.

"I haven't taken a test yet." I said quietly, avoiding his deathly glare. Why was he being like this? Was he really against children that much? I didn't want a kid either, but hell, I most definitely wouldn't act like this big of a prick about it to him.

"Do it." He growled. He took the box and ripped it open, handing me a stick from inside. He held it out to me and I was frozen. I didn't reach out to grab it. I couldn't. I was completely out of words and actions.

A gasp escaped my mouth when he roughly took my wrist and held my hand out, slamming the stick into my palm. When his hand left mine, I clutched onto the test loosely. My hand fell back to my side and my legs started towards the bathroom. He was behind me the whole way until I got inside.

I looked back to him and he still held the same expressions; angry and cold. My view of him was obstructed by the door shutting.

Right when it shut, I hurried over to the toilet and took the stick with me. I read the instructions carefully. I had to reread them over a couple times because I couldn't focus with the angry man outside the door.

Once I was done, I sat the stick on the counter as instructed and prepared myself for the next 15 minutes of anxiety. I leaned on to the marble counter and blew out a large breath that I had been holding. When I looked up, my reflection was staring right back at me.

My long brown hair was bright under the bathroom lights. It framed my soft features gently. I brought my hand up to my cheek and pressed against the fresh cut. It would always be a reminder of Fletcher. I had him stuck with me forever. I turned to the side and lifted my shirt. My stomach didn't look any bigger, thankfully. However, a large purple bruise littered my peachy skin. I ran my fingers over it softly, wincing at the pain.

My thoughts and feelings finally decided to catch up with me as I leaned against the counter. I slid down and hugged my knees. The tile was cold beneath me but it was nothing compared to how I felt mentally. Tears fell from my eyes one after the other and I tried to stop but I just couldn't. The past 6 months had been so fucked up but yet somehow, they still seemed to get worse.

Honestly, what was I going to do if I was somehow pregnant? Would Negan absolutely resent me for it? It was his fault. He was the one who didn't make sure we were safe. I mean, I hardly knew shit about anything. I could just imagine in 7 months having a large stomach. What would Rick think? I knew he hated me already but being pregnant with Negan's child would send him over the edge. However, how much more over the edge could he go? He sent someone to kill me. I think that's pretty far over.