burning questions

When I woke, Negan's steady breathing was all I could hear. My eyes opened slowly and I smiled when I saw him laying beside me. He looked so peaceful as he slept. His beard was starting to come back and as much as I loved it, his bare face would always make me stir in my seat. We were facing each other and his arm was draped over my waist.

His long eyelashes made him look more innocent than he was. I breathed in deeply through my nose and out through my mouth. His lips were parted and plump and I had to stop myself from leaning in and kissing him. Without thinking, I reached my hand up from under the sheets and sat it on his cheek. I could feel the stubble against my palm. I stroked his cheek with my thumb and his eyes twitched. I held my breath and stopped moving my hand. I expected his eyes to open but they didn't.

I breathed out in relief and my thumb ran over his dimple. I knew that what I was doing was wrong. I didn't feel right about my actions at all. However, what was I suppose to do? Live in constant sadness here and not try? I know that by the way I left things with Rick, he didn't trust me anymore. He wasn't coming for me. I still cared about him more than I cared about myself and I wondered if he felt the same. Probably not. If it came to a war, I would still side with Alexandria but I couldn't kill Negan. I couldn't. But Simon and the others? I couldn't care less. Well, except for Fletcher.

"Good morning, kitten." His deep voice snapped me out of my thoughts. My hand was still on his face and I could feel him smiling against my palm. His voice was raspy and deeper than usual. His eyes fluttered open and looked to me. His brown eyes were bright from the early morning sun that cascaded through my small window.

His large hand wrapped around my wrist and moved it from his face. He brought the back of my hand to his lips and placed a soft kiss against my skin. I smiled softly when he looked up at me. He really had his hook in me deep. He let go of my hand and moved his hand to my waist. He tugged me towards him and I let out a small giggle. I could feel his warm skin through the shirt I was wearing, which was his. My body was pressed against his and he took his lip between his teeth.

"I could get use to waking up like this, doll." He said softly. I brought my hand up to his face again and ran my fingers through his hair. He grinned and shut his eyes. I leaned forward and shut my eyes, feeling his soft lips against mine. It was gentle and slow. I felt like he was savoring my touch. His tongue didn't enter my mouth but instead swiped across my bottom lip.

I felt his hand on my hip and I smiled against his mouth. He gave me a light pinch and I gasped. I squirmed against his hand because of how ticklish I was and he noticed it. My laugh echoed in my room and it caused his eyes to light up. I jumped up out of bed and wanted to get right back in. The air was cold against my legs and my arms and I shivered. I looked over my shoulder and Negan was looking after me. He bit his lip and looked me up and down.

I tugged his shirt down and blushed. He chuckled lightly and leaned up on his elbow. I opened my mouth to say something but was interrupted by a knock on my door. I froze in my tracks and my eyes widened. Negan shrugged and started to get out of bed but I ran over and shoved him back against the bed. He chuckled again as I threw the sheets over his body and ran to the door.

I looked back at him he started to look over the hem of the sheets when I motioned for him to hide underneath. He rolled his eyes and obliged. I sighed and brushed my hair behind my ears. My hand went to the door knob and I turned it, opening it a crack and looking through.

Fletcher stood on the other side with his hands in his pockets. He noticed the door open slightly before I could shut it and he smiled.

"Hey Carls. I just came by to talk since we couldn't yesterday. I don't start my shift until 9 so I have about," he said, glancing at his watch and getting the time, "an hour or so." He looked at me and breathed out. I started to object but he pushed open the door and walked through. Fuck.