trapped and saved

"The fuck was that?" Negan shouted in the hallway. My eyes searched the walls frantically, looking for the source. Who the hell was shooting at the compound?

Bullets continued to slam into the windows and into the cement of the building. Negan pulled me on to the ground quickly when bullets started to come through the window at the end of the hallway. I yelped in surprise and his large body shielded mine. His arms wrapped around me and mine wrapped around him.

The firing ceased and we waited for a couple minutes. I felt the weight of him lift off me and he pulled me up with him. I could tell he was in pain from his wound and it made me frown.

"I need you to go and grab Lucille from my room. There should be two rifles in my office as well. Hurry." He ordered and I nodded quickly. My legs carried me as fast as they could back to his room. I had to run up two flights of stairs quickly and I would be lying if I said it didn't kick my ass. I needed more cardio in my life.

When I got to his room, I grabbed the two rifles but when I went to grab Lucille, my heart was in my throat. Tied around the wooden bat, glistening in the sunlight cascading from the window, was my necklace. It was wrapped around the wood tightly so that when he swung, it didn't come off.

He must've put this on here when he thought I died. That just increased my love for him by a thousand.

I tossed him Lucille when I got back down to the main level and handed him the rifle. He slung it over his shoulder and sat Lucille in her regular place. The necklace jingled against the barbed wire and I smiled softly. He nodded at me and we started walking towards the window cautiously to see who was outside.

"Negan! Come on out! We need to talk." My heart dropped at the voice. Rick. Me and Negan looked at each other before walking over to the window. I started to look out but he pulled me back so they wouldn't see me. Glass crunched underneath our boots when we crouched down. Negan hissed in pain at his leg and I gave him a sympathetic smile.

I cautiously peeked over the wall and through the window.

Rick was outside the gate with an army of people. There were cars made up with metal shields and buses too. About 50 people from Alexandria, Hilltop, and the Kingdom combined were down there with guns pointed at the Sanctuary.

"We should probably go down there. He isn't fucking around." I warned, backing up and standing. He sighed and did the same.

We made our way to the doors that led to a balcony. Simon met with us and so did Dwight. A couple other Saviors were with us too but I didn't know their names or even recognize them.

Negan and I looked at each other swiftly before he opened the double doors to outside. Here goes nothing.

Negan limped out on to the balcony and leaned against the railing. A smirk was playing on his lips as I walked out and stood next to him. My eyes met Rick's and the anger behind his irises was frightening. Now I knew what it was like to be on the receiving end of his wrath.

My eyes flickered to Rosita and then to Carol. They all had an astonished look on their faces but it was soon replaced with anger. Now everyone officially hated me. Awesome. I was battling on whether or not I should raise my gun but I decided against it. That would make everything ten times worse. My eyes then went to Fletcher. His gun was aimed right at me, pointing at my skull.

Negan saw Fletcher too and when he did, his jaw clenched angrily.

"Hello, Prick. Lovely to see you again. Thank you so god damn much for the bullet to my fucking leg! A big fuck you for that!" Negan shouted, shoving his middle finger in the air. He always amazed me. No matter how fucked the situation he was in was, he always seemed to have a sense of humor. He was fucking crazy.