whiskey talks

"I don't know man... You know how Negan feels about Carli. If he ever found out it was you that did something.." Dwight trailed off. My heart was pounding so hard I could practically hear it over their voices. There was nothing I wanted more than to run and tell Negan what I heard, but I stood my ground. I needed to listen to more of their talk, even if it was about killing me.

"Oh trust me, I'll make it look like an accident. He'll never fucking know. Ever since she came around, he has gone fucking soft. He is too pussy whipped. Eliminate her, get the old Negan back." Simon suggested. I heard Dwight hum in thought. Obviously Dwight wouldn't help him kill me. At least I hoped he wouldn't.

I was so focused on the conversation taking place just around the corner of the stairwell that I hadn't heard someone come up behind me.

"What are you doing?" A Savior asked from behind me. It made me jump and I whipped around quickly. It was Peter, one of Simon's top men.

The voices above me stopped, causing a shiver to run down my spine. I needed to run. My legs moved quickly as I jumped down the steps. Lucille was still gripped in my hand tightly as I took off. As I ran past Peter, he stuck his arm out and grabbed me around the waist. I tried to swing Lucille at him but his hand gripped my wrist tightly. I was fucked.

I kicked my legs wildly, trying to get out of his hold. He squeezed my wrist so tightly that my hand unclenched and I dropped Lucille to the ground. The thud of the wood against the concrete echoed through the desolate hallway, accompanying my grunts as I struggled.

"Get off of me!" I said through my teeth. Both of Peter's arms were wrapped around me, trapping my own at my sides. He was squeezing me so tightly that my ribs felt like they were cracking under the pressure. The wall next to me was within reach so I lifted my legs up and planted my feet firmly against it. A grunt escaped my mouth as I pushed so that the man behind me stumbled backwards and into the other wall in the hallway. He cursed under his breath when he hit and his grip on me loosened, but not enough.

I could hear Simon and Dwight running down the steps and it made my heart pound faster. I felt my muscles aching from the thrashing I was doing as I struggled to get away from him. It was no use. A gasp escaped my mouth when I felt the cold blade of a knife press against my throat. Simon walked around the corner of the stairwell with a confused look on his face. When he saw it was me, his eyebrows pulled together and a scowl set in.

"What do we have here?" His voice sent chills down my spine and a scowl stretched across my face. He was smirking at my expression, obviously finding this predicament amusing. He motioned for Peter to drop the knife from my neck and I sighed when I felt the absence of the blade.

"She was doin' a little eavesdropping and tried to run when she got caught." Peter said, my back vibrating from his voice. I grunted and tried to get out of his arms again but I knew I wouldn't be able to. He was too strong.

"Oh, is that so? How much did you hear?" Simon asked as he put his hands on his hips. He gave me that famous scowl/smirk and it made my stomach sick. I didn't answer, but instead glared at him. He raised his eyebrows at my silence while moving closer to me. I flinched when he raised his hand to my face, his rough fingertips brushing across my cheek. No one but Negan touched me like this.

His hand traveled down to my neck and I gasped when his large digits wrapped around my throat. He squeezed tightly, cutting off my windpipe for air. A choking sound escaped my lips, earning a grin from him. Dwight stood behind Simon and my eyes flickered over to him. He looked uncomfortable and I could tell he wanted to do something, but he stayed still.

"How much.. did you fucking hear?" Simon growled. I was gasping for air, my hands clawing at the arms wrapped around me. My head started to hurt from the lack of oxygen I was getting.