Together

Roy: Bring your passport tmr, let's spend a day in Beijing.

Min: What!? You can't even take a subway on your own and you want to take a plane?

Roy: Don't worry about me:) Meet me at 6am at the airport, we will be catching the 7am flight.

Min: Seeya:)))))))))

How am I suppose to tell my mum that I will be going to Beijing, with a guy. I need to really come up with a very good excuse.

'Mummy, I will be coming home slightly later tomorrow.' I said.

'Oh, where are you going?' Mum asked.

'My friends are just bringing me around the area.' I said, hoping that she doesn't suspect.

'Oh... ok! Stay safe ok text me.' Mum said.

Phewww... she must be in a good mood today because she would usually ask me who I would be hanging out with and where in specific.

[At the airport]

Min: Are you the one that is completely covered, standing at the corner?

Roy: Yea...

'Hey! I can assure you that nobody will notice you because even I can't HAHAHAH.' I said.

'I hope you'll enjoy yourself today.' he said while holding onto my hand.

'Quick! We better go!' I hurried him.

The moment we got on the plane, people stared at him as he walked down the narrow aisles. He looks very suspicious because of his mask, sunglasses, cap and coat. I bet people are wondering why the officers even let him on the plane.

During the 2hr 40min flight, both of us fell asleep. I was sitting on the outer seat and I did not have anything to lean on except for his shoulder. I was hugging on to his arm while we interlocked hands and sleep. I just want to stay like this forever.

[Landed]

'Beijing here we come!' I said.

'Where shall we go?' Roy asked.

'Let's go to Tiananmen.' I said.

'Ok!' Roy agreed.

When we took the subway, no one even suspected that he was Roy. At that moment, I was really very happy because we can finally stop thinking about what others thought about us. We can hold hands and skip around and no one would even shoot us a look. When we reached, I was so amazed at how big it is. I've always seen pictures on Google and always thought of at least coming here once before I die. And, I did come here. What makes it better is that I am here, with someone I treasure.

We took many pictures in Beijing. Wherever we go, we would randomly snap pictures of each other or the scenery. We would even make ugly faces while snapping away.

I wanted to see the pictures he took of me. At first, he pulled away and I chased after him for it.

Suddenly, he put his right arm over my neck while using both his hands to hold his phone. It was kind of awkward because we were both sooooo damn close. My heart fluttered a bit but I managed to calm myself down.

[Flight back at 8pm]

'We should come back again!' I said.

'Together.' Roy said.

'Yeap, of course... together.' I said.

That word 'together' just made me analyse the whole situation in depth. He didn't ask me the question and he claim that we are 'together' and we are going to come back here 'together'? Wait, how did I just let that slide?

Roy held my hand while he was walking ahead of me, I pulled him back to where I was standing.

'Don't you think that something is... off?' I asked.

'What is 'off'?' He asked me back.

'Boiii... what do you mean by 'together'? When were we 'together'? How can you assume that we are 'together'?' I asked while emphasising the word 'together'.

'Oooooohhhhhh... so you want that question?' Roy asked.

'I didn't say that I want it but...' I tried to deny it.

'Will you be mine?' He asked softly.

'Wait, what was that? I can't hear?' I asked him.

'Will you be mine!' He said raising his voice a little.

'Oh my gawd, yes ok yes! People are looking.' I said while laughing at how awkwardly funny it is.

He held my hand while returning back to Chongqing.

[Landed]

'It is late, I think I will just send you home.' Roy initiated.

'Nahhh... don't worry about me ok? You should go home and rest since you have early practice tomorrow.' I said.

'I don't care, I want to send you home. Without seeing you home, I can't sleep.' He said.

We took a cab back to my place. He gave me a goodbye hug which gave the day a perfect ending.

'Pang Hu is going to pick me up, you should go up already.' Roy instructed.

'Its fine I can wait with you.' I said.

'Go up ok? Don't worry about me.' Roy insisted.

After every 3 steps that I walk, I would turn around and wave him good-bye.

When I was reaching the lift, I started to miss him already.

I couldn't help but run back to him. I hugged him tightly for another 5 minutes, without talking, without looking at each other. Just being held in each other's embrace, was enough.