The best for you

After that hug, we went back to class. I just couldn't focus in class anymore. I am so thankful for Xixi and Ning because when teacher called me to answer the question, I couldn't utter a word but yet, they helped me by mouthing out the answer to me. The entire time, I was just thinking about what I want. I want Roy, I am sure. But, I just don't know why I am hesitating and overthinking every situation.

'Hey! Xixi! Ning!' Roy yelled hoping that they would hear.

'Oh, hi... what is it?' Ning asked.

'Why didn't Min come to school today?' Roy asked.

'I think she is sick. She didn't pick up any of our phone calls.' Xixi said.

'Aren't y'all going to visit her or something?' Roy questioned.

'I feel like she don't want to see us.' Xixi said.

'I'll be going to her house later, do y'all want to come?' Roy asked Ning and Xixi.

'I think she would want to see you more.' Ning said.

'But, you guys are her closest friends.' Roy said.

'But, she must be feeling very confused now by everything that happened yesterday. The person she need most right now is you.' Ning explained.

Its 3pm, I am still in my pyjamas while lying in my bed blasting my favourite songs. Until, I heard my doorbell ring.

*Ding Dong*

Who could it be at this timing. It shouldn't be mum or dad because they are both at work. It must be the delivery man. I opened the door and had the biggest shock of my life.

'Roy? What are you doing here?' I asked.

'Just here to check on you. Are you feeling better?' he asked with concern spread all over his face.

'I am not sick though. HAHAHAHA I just didn't want to go to school.' I laughed hoping that he would not get worried.

'Come in!' I said.

He went into my room and sat on my black bean bag while I sat on the floor. It got slightly awkward because none of us are speaking.

'I will get you water.' I said.

Before I could even stand up from my cross legged position, he held my arm and said 'Don't go'. I was so shocked I just went back to my sitting position while leaning against my bean bag. We were lying side by side while waiting for someone to break the silence.

'You know...' both of us said at the same time. We kept pushing around for each other to say first.

'Min, so what are you even thinking right now. You know you can be honest with me.' he said.

'Last night, I thought a lot about us.' I was still considering whether to tell him.

'To be honest, I thought of ending this.' I could see him looking at me from the corner of my eyes.

'But, I feel like this is a test for us. To see if we are strong enough to brave the storm that is coming at us. Suddenly, I feel that the more people don't want us together, the more I want to go against their will. I want to be strong, I want to be strong for you. I don't want you to keep protecting me, I want to protect you too.' I continued.

'I am glad you didn't end it all. I rarely say this but I really love you.' he said.

I smiled at him with my brightest smile to assure him that I am fine and that I should not treat him like my superhero that should be saving me every time.

'Your turn.' I said, I changed my sitting position from cross legged to hugging both my knees while facing him.

'You know, I never wanted to date. Every time I think about me not being able to protect the girl that I love, I just crumble a little inside. I took the risk of dating you and I hope everyday that you are not hurt, especially when it is because of me.' he sits up and held both my hands.

'I want to be like like a normal person. I want to love just like any guy would.' he said.

My skinny arms pulled him closer to me, his head is now next to mine. The hug was very comforting it is like a pinky promise. But, this is just a very apologetic hug. We want the best for each other. We wanted to give up, but we didn't. Yet, we rise up stronger together.

'Min, no dumping me ok?' Roy said while laughing.

'I won't give up on us.' I whispered into his ears. I could feel him tightening the hug. This was all I need.

'I will wait for you at the school gate everyday and you can't reach before me ok?' Roy said.

'Why?' I asked.

'I will go in with you and make sure that nothing happens to you.' he explain.

'You don't have to you know?' I said.

'I want to and I will do anything or you.' Roy said.

'What about those fans that chase after you?' I asked.

'Oh yea... Its ok. I have my way.' he said.